NotePage, Inc. Forum Index

Connector problem after moving db to SQL linked tables

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> PageGate Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
jsloan



Joined: 21 Sep 2010
Posts: 5

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:54 pm    Post subject: Connector problem after moving db to SQL linked tables Reply with quote

I have installed v5 and it tested fine with one connector using WCTP.

I moved to using "Acceess linked tables" and everything looks good. I can manage the tables and there are no errors.

But now the Connector will not start. The Widows service manager reports "starting". The PageGate Admin console reports that the connector is "Running"

The tail of the global log looks like this:
------------------------------------------------------
9/22/2010 3:37:13 PM Module Started
9/22/2010 3:37:14 PM Asking PGSched service to start
9/22/2010 3:37:16 PM PGSched start detected
9/22/2010 3:37:17 PM Module paused
9/22/2010 3:37:17 PM Running cleanup routine
9/22/2010 3:37:25 PM Module resumed
9/22/2010 3:37:25 PM Asking Connector1 service to start
9/22/2010 3:37:30 PM Time synchronized with scheduler
9/22/2010 3:37:30 PM Connector1 start detected

I can switch back to using the original Access files and it works.

Any advice on where to troubleshoot?



_________________
jim sloan


Last edited by jsloan on Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile
Tech Support



Joined: 25 Aug 2003
Posts: 4041

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What does the actual Connector 1 log say when it tries to start?



_________________
Tech Support
support@notepage.com
http://www.notepage.net
Back to top
View user's profile
jsloan



Joined: 21 Sep 2010
Posts: 5

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:14 am    Post subject: Found the solution Reply with quote

I saw the Mar 11, 2009 post from Brian in the topic Adding recipients programmatically from outside Pagegate that mentioned the problem with the Windows service and permissions.

So I swapped the run mode back and forth from Service to Application then back to Service and used a domain account with permissions on the local server and the SQL server. That solved the hanging connector problem.

thanks for the quick response and the informative post in the forums!



_________________
jim sloan
Back to top
View user's profile
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> PageGate Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
Theme created by Vjacheslav Trushkin