NotePage, Inc. Forum Index

Verizon phone recieving problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> NotePager Pro Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rsullivan

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 4:08 pm    Post subject: Verizon phone recieving problem Reply with quote

Why is that some Verizon phones recieve the SMTP messages no problem but others will not? I sent a regular SMS message from phone to phone no problem. I send a SMTP messade from Outlook and it doesn't get received either. I am only getting about a 50% receive rate with about 120 programmed numbers.

Tech Support

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's really quite strange... especially if you're having the same success rate with Outlook as you are anything else. With your copy of Outlook, do you know if you're using an internal mail server or your ISP's mail server?

rsullivan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe we are on the ISP's server. We had a similiar problem with this on another notificaion system, but i don't know how it was resolved. I will check into that but it was something with the software provider we are using. They initially said it was something on the carriers side, but it wasn't.

Tech Support

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd guess that the solution had something to do with the ISP contacting Verizon or something like that. When you're using a mail server, through our program or through Outlook, if messages are getting filtered and not going through, it's normally because your ISP or Mail Host has a bad MTA record (or is flat-out on a blacklist) with one of the major Cel Phone carriers' SMTP to SMS hosts.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> NotePager Pro Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: