NotePage, Inc. Forum Index

Sprint SNPP Changes effective 4/30/10

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> PageGate Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OzCom

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:26 am    Post subject: Sprint SNPP Changes effective 4/30/10 Reply with quote

Hello everyone,

Sprint is making some changes to its SNPP platform effective April 30, 2010. One of the new requirements will be that anyone who creates and sends messages to Sprint devices via the SNPP host will need to register their sending system’s IP address and be assigned a username/password for access. To start the registration process, send an email to Brad Gaunt of Sprint ( Brad.Gaunt@sprint.com ).

TEL: 207-518-8455
AOsgood@streamline-solutions.net
Creators of AutoPage Spillman CAD interface for PageGate
View user's profile Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PHauck

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I started to fill out the form for Sprint and it is asking several questions that I am not sure how to answer. First it wants a volume forecast. I counted the number of transactions on a page and multiplied that by the
number of pages and got a one month total but is there a count anywhere except for on the PageGate Monitor? They also want a peak message throughput.

I see where a Password can be added under Advanced in the Carrier information under failover but I don't see where an IP address can be entered.

Tech Support

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, you could to a Totals Only Messages Report from the PageGate Admin. That would give you the total number of messages that PageGate has delivered in a given timeframe.

As for the failover options, you have to create a carrier and then specify it as the failover.

The Password field under the Advanced section of each carrier is there so you can enter a password, if required, for that specific carrier. The password field doesn't affect the failover.

Arnold

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sprint has issued a Login ID and Password for me to use. The email said "only the Login ID along with your IP is used for authentication for SNPP." The Carrier-Settings-Advanced screen has a field for the Password, where does my Login ID go? Thanks...

Tech Support

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As counter-intuitive as it may sound, the login name is what you'll enter into the password field for your Sprint SNPP carrier.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> PageGate Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: