NotePage, Inc. Forum Index

Administrator Only?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> NotePager Pro Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
j23paul

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:49 am    Post subject: Administrator Only? Reply with quote

I am finding that if I don't give my users Administrator rights, NotePager Pro does not work (it errors out trying to access a .mdb file). This is prob related to XP protecting the "Program Files" directories.

Anyway to get around this? I couldn't find settings telling NotePager Pro to look elsewhere for settings....

Thank you!

Tech Support

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the program directory is sort of set in stone once you install the program. There are two things you can do:

1) Reset the permissions on the NotePager Pro folder, though I don't know if it's actually possible to reset some of the special 'protected' permissions XP sets on that directory.

2) Go through this set of steps:

1) Make a backup of the npp.mdb file - the database for the program that contains all of your carrier and recipient information. You should be able to find it in the current NotePager Pro directory.

2) Uninstall NotePager Pro.

3) Download the latest installation file from our website: http://www.notepage.net

4) During the installation, reinstall the program to c:\notepager pro\ instead of c:\program files\notepager pro\

5) Copy the npp.mdb file into the c:\notepager pro\ directory.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> NotePager Pro Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: