NotePage, Inc. Forum Index

Client version- paging using "enter a pager number"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> General Questions and Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
janderoche

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:39 am    Post subject: Client version- paging using "enter a pager number" Reply with quote

I have added the feature of allowing entry of pager numbers for those not in the picklist. Does it work for all pager vendors or is there a way I should default the pager vendor? I notice it doesn't allow a selection for the user. I currently have about 6 vendors in the database for the variety of pagers and cell phones.

Tech Support

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, if you're using the ad-hoc functionality in the program, you really do need to have each ad-hoc recipient tied to a carrier. So, for example, you would need to have an ad-hoc recipient for American Messaging and a separate one for USA Mobility because neither accepts each others pager ID's. So, in your case, you would want to have 6 ad-hoc recipients set up so that the person could select which service they were trying to page and then enter the recipient's phone number.

janderoche

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:31 pm    Post subject: ad-hoc functionality Reply with quote

ok. Thank you. Could yo guide me to a reference on how to actually do that?

janderoche

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:53 pm    Post subject: Ad Hoc Functionality Reply with quote

Could you guide me to where I can get information on how to do that?

OzCom

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) For each CARRIER, create a NEW RECIPIENT and select AD-HOC type. Point that recipient to that carrier
(EXAMPLE: Recipient name Ad-Hoc_XYZ_CARRIER_NAME)
2) Add the new recipient to the correct display group so it will appear to the guiCLIENT

TEL: 207-518-8455
AOsgood@streamline-solutions.net
Creators of AutoPage Spillman CAD interface for PageGate
View user's profile Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> General Questions and Announcements All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: