NotePage, Inc. Forum Index

Not Trunkcating messages

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> NotePager Pro Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mediapage

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:49 pm    Post subject: Not Trunkcating messages Reply with quote

I am using NotePager Pro and sending through snpp.amsmsg.net with the message characters set for 240. The software seems to have stopped cutting it into 240 character pages. It is sending the first 240 but not anything after that.

OzCom

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you have the individual RECIPIENT limit set to? If you set the RECIPIENT higher than the CARRIER limit, then the software will split the messages into packets ar the CARRIER length and prefix the messages (the recipient will see (1 of 2, 2 of 2, and so on)

TEL: 207-518-8455
AOsgood@streamline-solutions.net
Creators of AutoPage Spillman CAD interface for PageGate
View user's profile Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
mediapage

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OzCom wrote:
What do you have the individual RECIPIENT limit set to? If you set the RECIPIENT higher than the CARRIER limit, then the software will split the messages into packets ar the CARRIER length and prefix the messages (the recipient will see (1 of 2, 2 of 2, and so on)

I have the individual MAX Character count set for 240. It is "Supposed" to cut it into seperate pages but it is not. The total first 240 characters goes through just fine and the rest is gone. There is no indication of a 1/2 so it seems that the program is the problem and not the service.

OzCom

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is because your CARRIER is probably set at 240 as well - increase the INDIVIDUAL to 500 and see what happens

(NOTE: Many carriers truncate after 80, 120, or 160 characters - your CARRIER should be set to the limit of that particular carrier)

View user's profile Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
mediapage

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OzCom wrote:
That is because your CARRIER is probably set at 240 as well - increase the INDIVIDUAL to 500 and see what happens

(NOTE: Many carriers truncate after 80, 120, or 160 characters - your CARRIER should be set to the limit of that particular carrier)

I have never know Verizon or American Messaging to truncate anything but I will try it. I would think this should be a function of the software and I believe it used to do this.

OzCom

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both of them truncate at different lengths depending on which protocol you use. Perhaps I am not explaining - here is an example:

CARRIER set to 120 characters
RECIPIENT pointing at that carrier set to 240 characters

When you send a 240 character message - the end recipient will receive 2 messages of 120 each (marked 1 of 2 and 2 of 2 respectively)

If you send a 300 character message to that recipient, only the first 240 will be sent to the CARRIER in 2 packets of 120 each

mediapage

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:04 pm    Post subject: TRuncating Reply with quote

I have tried to set the max character count above the 240 characters and the same thing is happening. It stops at the 240 characters and throws away the rest.

OzCom

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please clarify:

You stated: "I have tried to set the max character count above the 240 characters .."

Are you doing this on the CARRIER or on the RECIPIENT? You MUST set the CARRIER lower than the RECIPIENT to make the program truncate and packetize

WCFPD

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the same problemwith verizon, to fix it I set the carrier at 160 Char. and the recipient at 240 Char. the had to use e-mail for relay then it sent both parts.

If you use a e-mail client I looked in my outgoing server and set it as that for the rellay.

hope this helps

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> NotePager Pro Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: