NotePage, Inc. Forum Index

Notepager Pro message issue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> NotePager Pro Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WCFPD

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:32 pm    Post subject: Notepager Pro message issue Reply with quote

ok I have been reading the forums and got some good info thanks every one but have some more issues, we are sending to several different providers but lets work on the Verizon first.

I am using SMTP format, I know verizons limit per message is 160 Char.

my setting are

Carrier 160 Char
Recipient 240 Char

it seems to be having a hard time with larger messages,

The first larger message I sent showed to send as a single packet it was with the default program settings I think it was around 202 characters, it showed to send fine but no one got it.

I sent the same message with the settings above and it showed to splt into 2 packets the first packet sends fine bit the second shows this

1/23/2009 4:33:57 PM Working on packet 2 of 2
1/23/2009 4:33:57 PM Sent:Mail From:<@wcfpd.net>^^
1/23/2009 4:33:57 PM Disconnected
1/23/2009 4:33:57 PM Closing connection
1/23/2009 4:33:57 PM Unable to send, connection lost
1/23/2009 4:33:57 PM Disconnected

it sent the first part of the message but not the second, it did it for every one in the group

any suggestions?

WCFPD

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I figured some out, I am now using the outgoing mail server, it is sending the full message, but it sends the second part of the message first, any way to fix that? just kind of confusing to get second part first

also on my Verizon phone when I get the message is says from: #BAL

keeney

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go here and read since I had the same problem a year ago with Verizon mobile phones getting pages.

http://www.notepage.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7568199&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15

Keeney

Bussche

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keeney, I am working on a waymoving all paging over to gmail. I can send pages by setting up filters just like we are doing with the fire and ems calls.

I have switched to a new AT&T cell phone from my old one which was Cingular (AT&T) and now I have stopped receiving station pages from Notepager.

If I can get it worked out, we will not have to worry about this blocking crap. Also pages can be sent from any copmuter with the proper login and passwords.

OzCom

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep in mind, especially for Public Safety critical messages - you should NOT rely on SMTP (email) as a primary messaging method. SNPP, WCTP, and TAP are FAR more reliable followed closely by true SMS (via GSM-AT protocol)

TEL: 207-518-8455
AOsgood@streamline-solutions.net
Creators of AutoPage Spillman CAD interface for PageGate
View user's profile Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> NotePager Pro Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: