Joined: 03 Oct 2008
Location: new delhi
|Posted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:23 am Post subject: Email -To-SMS in India
I am from New Delhi,India and your reply is appreciated on following
I need to send text message to mobile from my computer via a hardware device. this is accomplished using SMTP to send an email consisting of 10digit mobile phone nos, pin number or name followed by a domain address specified by service provider. this is offen refered to as Email-To-SMS. pls.advise what do I do, where should I get start.
or how do I send text message to any mobile by differnet method such as TAP Dialup or SNPP. where is TAP dialup data base india. is these services are working in india
Joined: 25 Aug 2003
|Posted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:22 am Post subject:
|Well, the trouble you'll run into is that most Indian carriers don't support TAP, SNPP, or WCTP. They do, however, usually support SMTP but I don't have any of their domain suffix information. Here is how to configure an SMTP carrier in PageGate, though:
1) Open the PageGate Admin.
2) Right click on the Carriers section.
3) Left click on Add.
4) Name the carrier: SMTP
5) Change the Protocol to: SMTP
6) Click Apply.
7) Go to Connectors - Global SMTP.
8) Your Local Domain needs to be set to the latter half of your email address.
6) Enter in your Primary DNS into DNS Server 1 and your Secondary DNS into DNS Server 2. If you're not sure what either of these are, please contact your internet service provider or network admin and ask them.
1) Now that the Carrier has been added, right click on Recipients.
2) Left click on Add.
3) You can name the recipient whatever you like.
4) The Type should be normal and change the Carrier to SMTP.
5) In the "Email To" field, enter the email address for a phone, pager, or just a regular email address (like email@example.com). If you're not sure what your device's email address is, we do try to keep a current list of email suffixes for the various carriers here: http://www.notepage.net/smtp.htm
6) Make sure that Alpha and Drop non-printable characters are cheked.
7) Click on Apply.