NotePage, Inc. Forum Index

Runtime Error 3265 - Item not found in this collection

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> PageGate Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DMcCabe

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:49 am    Post subject: Runtime Error 3265 - Item not found in this collection Reply with quote

I have PageGate v5.0 running on a Windows 2003 Terminal Server. I am trying to setup a user that does not have Local Admin Rights in Windows, to administer the PageGate system (Add Recipients; etc.). When I try to run PGAdmin as that user I get the error message: ""Run-time error '3265': Item not found in this collection". Any ideas?

Tech Support

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make sure they have full rights to the folder that the PageGate database is stored it.

Donb01

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got this same error.

Yesterday I was experimenting with using SNPP to my numeric paging carrier. I went into admin and created the carrier and a "test pager" recipient. Without thinking, while I was still in admin I clicked to open the client to test what I was doing and this error came up. I closed the client, closed admin, rebooted the machine, and reinstalled the client and nothing corrected the problem. I waited overnight and it did not clear up at midnight either, although the database backup, etc did happen.

This is the "server" that is running the system. It's running XP Pro. I am hoping this problem only exists on my machine and all the other users out there are not having the same problem or I'm going to have a crappy day!

Any help?

Tech Support

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a little confused as to what's actually happening. If I understand right, if you run the admin and the client on the server at the same time, you get this error? Or do you only get this error onyour workstation when you try to run the client OR the admin?

Donb01

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have never had any problems on this system running it as both the server and using the client, but yesterday I was in Admin making some changes and I was in the middle of something and I ran the client. It bombed when I ran it (the client) with this error and has done so ever since. I have since found out the problem affects everyone on this server. I have already rebuilt the database and it made no difference. Nothing else changed (that I'm aware of!)

Every computer that tries to access this server gets the same error.

Tech Support

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you would, please email your PageGate database (the pagegate.mdb file from the PageGate Server, typically located in c:\pagegatedata\database\ or c:\program files\pagegate\) to support at notepage dot com, pleae. I'll have a look at it and see if I can figure out what's happening.

Donb01

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just shipped you the file.

Thanks.

Tech Support

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thread Update: One quick Compact and Repair in MS Access fixed the issue with the database.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> PageGate Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: