NotePage, Inc. Forum Index

How do I send a text message to a Helio Phone?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> General Questions and Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dpavlik

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:24 am    Post subject: How do I send a text message to a Helio Phone? Reply with quote

I have tried sending text messages to a Helio phone and it hasn't been successful. Can you help me? I have tried various protocols and addresses but they haven't worked. HELP!!!

Tech Support

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need a little more information. What addresses have you used and which protocol and address are you currently using?

Dpavlik

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Currently I use SNPP with Nextel, Verizon pagers, & SBC, WCTP with Arch pagers, and SMTP with Cingular and Verizon wireless. I also piggyback off of the cingular SMTP T-Mobil & US Cellular. I have been unsuccessful in getting to the Helio phone with any protocol. I have tried SMTP #@myhelio.com, #@finawireless.com, & #@wikiam.com- none of them worked. I looked for a SNPP address but couldn't find one.

Tech Support

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm.... unfortunately, I don't know much about Helio or their connection addresses. From what I've been able to find, it doesn't look like they support SNPP, WCTP, or TAP and the information I have been able to find in regards to SMTP has been with regards to configuring one of their devices to check an email address. I could be wrong, in fact I hope I am, but it doesn't look like Helio supports SMTP directly to the device, it looks like the device has to be configured to check a third party email address and then messages can be sent to the device via that email address.

OzCom

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Helio does not support SNPP - all Helio phones are issued an email address upon activation ( 10digit#@myhelio.com)

TEL: 207-518-8455
AOsgood@streamline-solutions.net
Creators of AutoPage Spillman CAD interface for PageGate
View user's profile Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Dpavlik

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have tried using SMTP with the 10digit #@myhelio.com and it didn't work. I will try to contact Helio and ask that they set up the phone to accept the messages from our address and see if that works. We'll see.

OzCom

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesn't work as in FAILS or does not get to the phone? What package are you using (PageGate, NotePagerPro, etc)?

TEL: 207-518-8455
AOsgood@streamline-solutions.net
Creators of AutoPage Spillman CAD interface for PageGate
View user's profile Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Dpavlik

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It doesn't work as in notePager Pro says it was successful but the phone never receives the message.

Donb01

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you send messages from your regular E-mail account just like you would E-mail anyone else? If so, look at your settings there and migrate them to NotePager. See if that helps. If you can't send a plain old E-mail to the phone from a working E-mail address then it is a problem at the provider or with the phone.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> General Questions and Announcements All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: