NotePage, Inc. Forum Index

PG Admin errors running remotely

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> PageGate Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dbell6809

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:42 am    Post subject: PG Admin errors running remotely Reply with quote

PG Admin works fine from the system with that pagegate is running on. If I try to point to the drive mapping from another system and run pgadmin
using a priviledged account I get - First the red box with
Excessive database retries in Procedure main: 3051

Then I get a gray box with
Excessive database errors: 3051 The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot open the file P:\pagegate.mdb'. It is already opened exclusively by another user, or you need permission to view its data, in Procedure main Program Halted.

I have the P:\drive mapped to the system that we are running the program on C:\program Files\Pagegate> If I remote desktop using the same credentials to the system with the pagegate program running PG Admin runs fine. We did check to make sure that the PG Admin is not already running on the system when we first try to run it remotely. I have had an expericed senior Windows admin look at it and he is a little stumped also. He checked permissions and also check to make sure the account I am using is not locked out.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks Dennis Bell
Senior Network Engineer
ERO /USGS

Not all who wander are lost. -- J. R. R. Tolkien
Tech Support

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check both the network and the NTFS permissions on the folder on the server. The users that need to use the Admin have to have read, write, and modify (basically, just short of full control). The error you're receiving is definitely permissions based.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> PageGate Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: