NotePage, Inc. Forum Index

Vista

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> PageGate Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wdunkin

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 9:42 am    Post subject: Vista Reply with quote

We are using Pagegate 4 client. I'm just starting to work with Vista and cannot get Pagegate client to work. It would not install directly with vista. I installed it in comapatibility mode for xp sp2. When I try to run the application I get Error # 6 Overflow in Procedure: isfile.

Should I be using another version for Vista, or is there some workaround for this?

Thanks

Tech Support

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Version 4 is, unfortunately, not compatible with Windows Vista. The new version of PageGate, version 5, has been made compatible with Windows Vista.

Version 5 is slated for release in one week and we will notify you when the new version becomes available.

hindsey

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Tech Support"]Version 4 is, unfortunately, not compatible with Windows Vista. The new version of PageGate, version 5, has been made compatible with Windows Vista.

Version 5 is slated for release in one week and we will notify you when the new version becomes available.[/quote]

Any updates as to when this Version 5 will be released?

NotePage Sales
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apologies for the delay with the release of PageGate version 5. As soon as PageGate v5 is fully tested, information about purchasing will be posted soon.

jloew

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:09 pm    Post subject: Plans to add Microsoft Vista support? Reply with quote

We do not use PageGate and it seems a bit overkill to install it for Vista support - please tell me you have something in the works???

Tech Support

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The current version of NotePager Pro has a patch that will make it compatible with Windows Vista. The patch can only be applied after NotePager Pro has been installed, so be sure to do that before doing these steps to apply the patch:

Here is how to download and install the Windows Vista NotePager Pro patch:

Download the patch from this link:

http://www.notepage.net/support/nppvista.zip

1) If In the displayed folder list, left click on Desktop.

2) In the file name, type: nppvista

3) Click on Save.

4) When the file has finished downloading, it should be displayed on the desktop. Right click on the file.

5) Left click on the Extract All option.

6) When prompted for the path, left click on Browse.

7) Left click on Computer.

8) Left click on Local Disk C.

9) Left click on Program Files.

10) Left click on NotePager Pro and left click on OK.

11) Left click on Extract.

12) During the Extraction process, you will be prompted as to what you would like to do. You want to select the Copy and Replace option for both.

13) After the extraction process, you will be prompted for Administrative Permission. Left click on Continue.

14) After you give the Administrative Permission, you will be prompted for permission to continue. Left click on Continue.

15) Once the process finishes, it will take you to the NotePager Pro directory. Double click on the file named NPP with the icon of a pager to run the program for the first time.

16) Left click on the Run option, when prompted.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> PageGate Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: