NotePage, Inc. Forum Index

PGMail service Failing
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> PageGate Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rfarrer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 6:17 am    Post subject: PGMail service Failing Reply with quote

Hello,
I have recently moved my WeGate 3.7 to a Server2003SP2 machine.
Everything appears ok in the webgate monitor and everything works with the exception of GetMail. Upon further investigation the event viewer shows that PGMail service is contiously trying to start but doesn't.
I have no other smtp or pop mail services running on the machine.
It is my understanding that the GetMail Module is a stand alone mail server? Apparently it is dependant on PGMail service? What can I do to resolve this issue?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

rfarrer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 6:28 am    Post subject: more details Reply with quote

I did email all my log files and screen captures to support a few days ago but have had no response.
Thanks

Tech Support

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You did?

I've run a thorough search of all of my mailboxes and haven't found any references to your name. Could you please resend the log files and screenshot(s) to support at notepage dot com and CC jeremy at notepage dot com ?

rfarrer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:56 am    Post subject: email Reply with quote

just resent

Tech Support

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have received them this time and am reviewing the logs yous ent now.

Tech Support

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After reviewing the log files you sent over, I have some good news and I have some bad news.

The problem you're running into is that one of the DLL/OCX files that the PGMailServer references in Windows has been modified by the Windows Updates. These things will happen over time.

The bad news is that there's not really anything you can do in version 3.7 to fix it. Version 3.7 isn't being patched or updated anymore.

Version 4, however, has the appropriate updates so that this isn't an issue. You just need to upgrade from version 3.7 to version 4.

rfarrer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:58 am    Post subject: Ok Good Reply with quote

Sould I just download PageGate 4 from the website and upgrade or remove and reinstall?
How quickly can I get a new key that I assume I will need?
What is the differenve between WebGate and what I assume is PageGate4?
Can you tell me pricing?

thank you

Tech Support

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To upgrade from version 3.7 to version 4 of PageGate, here's what you'll want to do:

1) On your existing installation of PageGate, browse to your database directory and make a backup copy of the pagegate.mdb file (to disk, to CD, to your desktop, whichever way will be easiest for retrieval later).

2) Once you have a copy of the pagegate.mdb file, uninstall version 3.7 of PageGate. When you're prompted, select the complete uninstallation option.

3) Download the latest PageGate installation file from our website (http://www.notepage.net - Click on the download button under the PageGate section and save the pgv4.exe file to your desktop).

4) Run the pgv4.exe file you've just downloaded.

5) When it asks which installation you wish to run, select the PageGate Server option.

6) Unless you need to change the installation directory, you can really just click next through the entire routine until it finishes.

7) Now that we have version 4 installed, go to your start menu and run the PageGate Admin.

8) Click on Apply when it prompts you for the options and modules unless you need to specify a different location for the database or logging directories. If you need to specify different directories, do so, then click on Apply.

9) You should get a message saying that a new database has been created and PageGate must be restarted. Before you start the Admin again, take that copy of the pagegate.mdb file we made and put it in the new Pagegate directory.

10) It will ask you if you want to overwrite the file, say yes.

11) Run the PageGate Admin again.

12) It should notify you that the database has been updated and that PageGate needs to be restarted. After it does this, run the PageGate Admin again.

13) Go to the Registration section and enter your PageGate version 4 registration information as the version 3.7 registration information won't work with the new program.

At this point, PageGate has now been upgraded from version 3.7 to version 4. There can be, however, other things that need to be done depending upon how you had version 3.7 configured. If there are other configuration options that need to be redone, let me know and I'll send you the steps on how to do that.

Jeremy Hartman
NotePage Tech Support

rfarrer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:59 am    Post subject: webgate Reply with quote

I am only using GetWeb, GetMail and one TAP connector.
Is there anything else I should know before I begin?

Tech Support

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, all of the things that you use should still reference the same things that version 3.7 referenced. The interface itself may look a little different and the GetMail will run more efficiently but other than that, you shouldn't need to actually modify much of anything.

rfarrer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 11:16 am    Post subject: webgate Reply with quote

Do I need to purchase the serial interface?
I am running TAP out of the Wgebgate through a serial connection to a Zetron640

Thanks

Tech Support

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, you shouldn't need to. The GetSerial interface is only for receiving inbound messages via Serial connection, not for sending them outbound.

NotePage Sales
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 1:59 pm    Post subject: WebGate Reply with quote

Upgrade WebGate to PageGate v4 for $50.00, an optional PageGate v4 CD is an additional $15.00 for an upgrade total of $65.00. Upgrade WebGate to PageGate v4 online at http://www.notepage.net/upgrades.htm

We require the WebGate 4-5 digit Serial Number, which is located in the Admin module's Registration screen.

An upgraded electronic Registration Key for PageGate will be emailed within 24 hours of ordering. If ordered, a PageGate v4 CD is sent by regular mail.

rfarrer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have upgraded to Pagegate 4 and everything seemed ok initially.
After a few days GetWeb stopped working. Stopping and restarting the service does not help however rebooting the server does fix it for a while.
I have had to reboot 3 times now since the installation on 3-30-07.

Any Ideas?

Thank you

Tech Support

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you would, please email all of the .log files from your PageGate directory to support at notepage dot com. I want to see if there are any indications of why the modules are stopping there.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> PageGate Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: