NotePage, Inc. Forum Index

T-Mobile Access #

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> NotePager Pro Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TMobile User

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2003 10:48 am    Post subject: T-Mobile Access # Reply with quote

Just FYI, T-Mobile has cancelled both their toll-free and their long distance paging access number. The only way now to SMS a T-Mobile (VoiceStream) phone is to use their mobilenumber@tmomail.net email address. Limit is 160 characters.

Tech Support

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 6:41 am    Post subject: T-Mobile Access # Reply with quote

I think they were using AT&T's network for accepting TAP messages. AT&T has shut down TAP access, and therefore (not surprisingly) T-Moble isn't offering TAP anymore either. If you are a T-Mobile customer, you should contact T-Moble and voice your opinion about this, or let them know how you feel by switching carriers.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 10:30 pm    Post subject: Re: T-Mobile Access # Reply with quote

[quote="TMobile User"]Just FYI, T-Mobile has cancelled both their toll-free and their long distance paging access number. The only way now to SMS a T-Mobile (VoiceStream) phone is to use their mobilenumber@tmomail.net email address. Limit is 160 characters.[/quote]

Would you use 1 and also the area code?

NotePage Sales

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 6:03 am    Post subject: T- Mobile Reply with quote

Hello,
I had a report from a customer that the following T-Mobile TAP number is working 425-396-4560.
NotePage Sales
http://www.notepage.net

Tech Support

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When using the TAP number (425-396-4560) for T-Mobile, try the following settings:

Baud Rate - 9600
Data Bits - 7
Parity - Even (e)
Stop Bits - 1

Technical Support verified that this number is for a TAP terminal (as of 4/28/04).

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this number still working?

"It connects and detects the TAP protocol on the modem at that number, but when it tries to send the message blocks, it always gets a checksum error. "

Tech Support

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reports have come in recently, regarding difficulty connecting to the TAP terminal at that number.

Can you paste a connection attempt (from the dialer log "npp.log") here in a post?

Remember to obscure the Recipient ID/Pin in the post with the same amount of characters.

JoeIT

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 3:03 pm    Post subject: T-Mobile TAP Number Reply with quote

I have just configured [b]text messaging to a T-Mobile IPAQ 6315 [/b]using T-Mobile's TAP service. I used 425-396-4560 ast the terminal phone number with the following settings from a previous post:

425-396-4560
Baud Rate - 9600
Data Bits - 7
Parity - Even (e)
Stop Bits - 1

We use What's Up to send pages to a few phones. I configured the modem properties in Windows as specified above. I also had to edit the Pager Notification's Pager COM Settings to Baud Rate: 1200. The configuration took place on January 21st 2005.

kcowin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 7:13 am    Post subject: T-Mobile TAP Number Reply with quote

How did you specify the address of the IPAQ device??

SBSAdam

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 12:35 pm    Post subject: Service is not supported anymore Reply with quote

I called T-mobile today about the number: 425-396-4560 which my company uses. They no longer support it anymore. It looks like the service stopped as of last week.

We use this so that we can page our techs even if our network is down, by dialing into this modem and sending a page. That was THE main reason we use T-Mobile. I will have to have a look around this forum to see the other ways that users are doing this. Sure I could attempt to install an SMS program on our Linux server, but if the network goes down, we will NEVER get paged.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> NotePager Pro Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: