NotePage, Inc. Forum Index

pin/id

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> PageGate Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blaze

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 7:09 am    Post subject: pin/id Reply with quote

Hello,

We are in the process of implementing pagegate, but have run into a small issue. The paging service (SBC) users the 10 digit phone number for snpp and the 7 digit phone number for dial. They are not interchangeable. I really want to have SNPP fail over to TAP, but I can only specify one pin per user ID. Is there any way to specify different IDs for the same user or something?

Thank you!

Dave

Tech Support

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave,

There are a couple of Carriers that cause this issue because of the disparity between ID/Pin lengths in their Internet Protocol and TAP implementations.

You may want to check with SBC to see if they can supply you with a phone number for a TAP terminal that supports 10 digit ID/Pins. Usually, a company as big as SBC has will have one.

If they are unable to supply you with a number that supports 10 digit ID/Pins, please e-mail us at forumsupport@notepage.com so that we can discuss alternative failover methods that may be suitable for you.

OzCom

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 10:28 am    Post subject: PIN/ID failover Reply with quote

Due to the way PageGate creates and maintains records in the .mdb file, it is possible to have a recipient use a 10 digit ID for primary contact (for instance: Carrier X using WCTP) and a 7 digit ID for failover (Carrier X using TAP on modem). This works best at teh carrier level. It is not really well documented (yet), but I have several clients using this with no problems.

View user's profile Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
rezblaze

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 12:14 pm    Post subject: Re: PIN/ID failover Reply with quote

I contacted SBC and they have no way of using the 10 digit PIN for TAP. So, if there is a way to use some simple logic "if TAP then else" type of thing that would be cool. The alternative is to setup 2 user accounts for the same person ( user1-tap user1-snpp) and have them fail to each other.

[quote="OzCom"]Due to the way PageGate creates and maintains records in the .mdb file, it is possible to have a recipient use a 10 digit ID for primary contact (for instance: Carrier X using WCTP) and a 7 digit ID for failover (Carrier X using TAP on modem). This works best at teh carrier level. It is not really well documented (yet), but I have several clients using this with no problems.[/quote]

If you have any information on how to set this up that would be great.

Thanks for all the replays.

Dave

Tech Support

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 12:48 pm    Post subject: Re: PIN/ID failover Reply with quote

The bad news is that I can't think of an immediate solution other than just failing over at the recipient lever (with 2 recipients for each person).

The good news is that our next release has a setting specifically to handle this problem. PageGate V5 should be out by year-end (don't quote me on that).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> PageGate Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: