NotePage, Inc. Forum Index

Interfacing Pagegate via Exchange Server & GetMail

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> PageGate Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brian.Turner

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 2:55 pm    Post subject: Interfacing Pagegate via Exchange Server & GetMail Reply with quote

I am trying to configure our Pagegate server to receive emails and then send the message to existing recipients.

We are using Pagegate version 4.0, and Exchange 5.5, running on seperate WinNT servers.

I have been using Pagegate to send outbound emails (to email recipients) for some time without any trouble, but i have no idea how to send an email to Pagegate.

I have the GetMail interface enabled.
Local domain is MyDomain.com (my exchange server)
Relay All Mail is on, and the Relay Server field is my Exchange server's internal IP address.

I am guessing i need to set something up in Exchange, but not sure whether its a mailbox for every PG recipient, or one mailbox which can be shared by all recipients, or something altogether different.

Under my own recipient settings in pagegate, i have GetAscii and GetMail enabled. I am a type Normal, using a TAP carrier and a PIN to page. Under Email, Mailbox Name is the default 9005 (my recipient name).

What i tried was creating a mailbox 9005 in Exchange but that didnt seem to work. I also tried 9005@mydomain.com without success.

The manual touched on this briefly, but i am still not clear on how to do it.

Please tell me how to set this up?

Tech Support

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Technical Support and the customer are currently working on this issue via telephone and e-mail. There is a unique configuration with PageGate, GetMail and the network that the servers reside.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> PageGate Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: