NotePage, Inc. Forum Index

Changing default error message webpage in "Get Web"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> PageGate Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Will

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 10:13 am    Post subject: Changing default error message webpage in "Get Web" Reply with quote

When using "Get Web" to send out a page, if you ever leave the recipient field blank, you get an error message page. However, the error message page looks very similar (same color) to the normal page which says "message accepted." Our dispatchers are going so fast that they sometimes fail to realize that they forgot to add a recipient.
My question is:
Where do I go to change the error message page? Specically, I want to change the background color to something other than the default white.

Thank you,
Will

Tech Support

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The color of the "Error" page cannot be changed, as it is dynamically generated when an error occurs.

However, you can create your own web page to indicate the message was "accepted".

You can edit the color of the "custom" page so that your users will have a visual key to whether or not there was a problem.

Create a standard html web page named "webgate.rsp" and put it into the same directory as the "webgate.exe" CGI program. When it exists, this web page will be used instead of the standard response page.

If you want to make the response file different for each user, it can be saved in the same directory as the recipient's web page (if it exists in the user's web page directory, it will be used before the one in the CGI directory).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> PageGate Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: