NotePage, Inc. Forum Index

SNMP development

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> Integration Related Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
klipo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 3:30 pm    Post subject: SNMP development Reply with quote

Hello,

I am developing a project that consists on an integration of a network management system (using SNMP) with a type of security console that reports to the network management system, using SNMP. The idea of this security console is to monitor various security programs (i.e. firewalls, IDS, antivirus, etc) and to report the activity they detect. This would be done using the log files they create. To monitor these programs an adapter for each of these programs needs to be developed, in order to read the log file (due to the fact that there is no standardization between log files). This adapter would be intelligent enough to be able to report the things read from the log to the security console (using a secure protocol I would have to develop). This console would then report to the network management system, which would show in some sort of diagram what is going on.
I’ve been looking for an open source management system developed in Java, but I haven’t found any. Do you know of any program I can use? So that I would only have to modify some parts of the code (this would save me a lot of time building a network management system).
Do you have any suggestions to make to this project? I’m still planning how to do it. I’d appreciate any suggestion you have and I’m looking forward to any.

Thanks for your time.

Tech Support

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 12:13 pm    Post subject: SNMP development Reply with quote

Nothing immediately comes to mind. I will as around and see if I can find any leads for you.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> Integration Related Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: