NotePage, Inc. Forum Index

E-mail forwarding of results of paging

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> PageGate Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dbell6809

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 11:44 am    Post subject: E-mail forwarding of results of paging Reply with quote

Set up to e-mail outcome in email settings on Pagegate version 3.7.
Set Domain name as the DNS name of the server running the pagegate mail server. I can send a page to my recipient name using the format
dbell@"mailserver" this works fine. I set up myself as the postmaster and I am getting the messages just fine.

I have a person(trudy) that pages through webgate and she pages facility people all day long. I would like her to receive the status of the pages at her e-mail address. She does not have a pager. The error messages I am getting as the postmaster tell me she is not a valid recipient. I set up trudy as a recipient with e-mail only. I also set her recipient "trudy" as e-mail only with a mailbox name of "trudy" and forward a copy to her Lotus notes e-mail address. Now as postmaster I get the error message:
PageGate rejected an incoming email message for the following reason:

trudy is not a valid PageGate recipient

Am I doing something wrong or should this work?

Dennis Bell
Network Engineer
Eros Data Center

Not all who wander are lost. -- J. R. R. Tolkien
Tech Support

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 12:26 pm    Post subject: E-mail forwarding of results of paging Reply with quote

When Trudy is sending messages via the webpage, what is she using for the 'From' field?

dbell6809

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trudy

Tech Support

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 12:49 pm    Post subject: E-mail forwarding of results of paging Reply with quote

Try having her put in her 'real' email address (Notes?) in the from field.

dbell6809

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That works, But but is that the only way it's going to work? I thought if she has a recipient name in pagegate it would pick it up and forward it to her e-mail that I set up in the forwarding part of the setup. Also I have a 5000 client license can I upgrade to 4.0 and what would that do for me?

Tech Support

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 1:10 pm    Post subject: E-mail forwarding of results of paging Reply with quote

It should work the way your originally described. Since you brought up the subject, chances are this has already been resolved with version 4.0. Upgrading is only $50.00 regardless of you license. I would recommend you upgrade, because if you have any problems in v4.0 they can easly get fixed.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> PageGate Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: