NotePage, Inc. Forum Index

Unable to access modem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> PageGate Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dcrousset

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 1:39 pm    Post subject: Unable to access modem Reply with quote

Hi,

I installed PageGate on a Windows 2003 server, with a US Robotics Courier V90 modem. The modem is OK, I can send a message with Dial-up Networkwing. When I start PageGate, the TAP interface is up. Some of the lights on the modem lights up as well. I assume the modem is in 'waiting' state. When I try to send a TAP message, I get this error message:

Unable to access modem: Procedure: SendTAP... Retrying

Looks like the modem is in use by PageGate, which is logic. But why can PageGate access it? I tried stopping the TAP interface, assuming PageGate would start it automatically when needed, no luck. It doesn't.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
David

OzCom

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You mentioned that you "tried stopping the TAP interface".....

If you are using PageGate to SEND text messages via the TAP protocol (modem) - you should not have the getTAP interface enabled. THis interface is intended to be used to allow PageGate to accept inbound TAP formatted text messages from systems that are unable to use other protocols.

TEL: 207-518-8455
AOsgood@streamline-solutions.net
Creators of AutoPage Spillman CAD interface for PageGate
View user's profile Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> PageGate Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: