NotePage, Inc. Forum Index

PageGate Client Can't Change Sender's Name

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> PageGate Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VerdugoFire

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 6:46 pm    Post subject: PageGate Client Can't Change Sender's Name Reply with quote

We have just one of our PageGate clients that is unable to change the Sender's name. When the user attempts to he get the message "database directory does not exist". He is only trying to change the sender locally. He is able to connect to the paging machine and send pages. The client was installed using the same user account that is trying to change the name. This is on a Windows 98 machine.

Tech Support

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:08 am    Post subject: PageGate Client Can't Change Sender's Name Reply with quote

Try changing the sender's name, and then also browse out to the PageGate database to reset that value also.

What version of PageGate are you running?

VerdugoFire

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2004 10:50 am    Post subject: huh? Reply with quote

We are running PageGate 4. I can't try changing the sender's name because my problem is that I can't change the sender's name. I also don't understand "browse to the pagegate database and reset that value also." What does this mean? Open the database in Access? the admin console? what value? where is it?

I must not have been clear. This is my Problem:

I installed PageGate Client on a machine and cannot change the sender's name for that client.

Tech Support

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2004 11:21 am    Post subject: huh? Reply with quote

Sorry for not being very clear.

1. In the PageGate client, go to 'File' -> 'Setup'.
2. Change the 'Sender's Name' field to what you want.
3. Use the '...' button next to the 'Server Database' field, and browse out to the location of PageGate's database.
4. Hit Apply.

Please let us know if this doesn't help.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> PageGate Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: