NotePage, Inc. Forum Index

AT&T TAP Update

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> General Questions and Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tech Support

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2003 11:22 am    Post subject: AT&T TAP Update Reply with quote

There is some more detailed information about AT&T and their TAP interface discontinuation here:

http://www.mail-archive.com/whatsup_forum@list.ipswitch.com/msg05831.html

It does say that EFI Unimobile Mobile Messaging is offering a TAP interface that can be used with AT&T. However, their monthly plans start at $1000 per month. Not what I would consider a reasonable replacement to the free TAP interface that other providers offer.

kentyrr

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 4:10 am    Post subject: Late entry, but perhaps helpful Reply with quote

I realize this issue started months ago, but I thought I'd share what we found out.

More than one of our carriers stopped working when AT&T disconnected TAP. AT&T was unhelpful, of course. Cincinnati Bell Wireless, on the other hand, was able to come up with an alternative phone number than goes into THEIR Tap interface.... which transmits out over the AT&T network. A quick test confirmed it - we're able to send to all AT&T recipients again using their TAP interface.

OK, I'm not sure it's 'ethical' to piggyback through their interface, but it works...

The Kroger Co.
Tech Support

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 8:34 am    Post subject: Late entry, but perhaps helpful Reply with quote

Do you want to share the TAP number with the others here?

It would be great if you did, but we would understand if you don't want to take the chance on ruining a good thing.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> General Questions and Announcements All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: