NotePage, Inc. Forum Index

SIEMENS TC35 T GSM Modem problem ! Need help urgently

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> PageGate Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lai2026

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 9:23 pm    Post subject: SIEMENS TC35 T GSM Modem problem ! Need help urgently Reply with quote

I have setup a SIEMENS TC35 Terminal GSM modem on a server which is running Win2000 advance server and try to connect to another PC which using a normal 56k modem for data transferinng purpose.

My situation is like below:

Situation1

( PC with windows 2000 Advance Server + GSM Modem) -------------connect to --------------> ( PC with window XP/ME/98 + 56k normal modem) ====== Connection success

Situation 2

( PC with window XP/ME/98 + 56k normal modem) --------connect to -----------------> ( PC with windows 2000 Server + GSM Modem) ========Connection failed

with this error message

" Error 691: The computer you are dialing in to cannot establish a Dial -Up Networking connection. Check your password, and try again "

I did check and verify the username and password, and all the possible cause ( that i know) and it still fail to work.....any idea...

p/s ( I have change the GSM modem with a normal modem, and it work fine )

Best Regards,
Lai

Tech Support

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2004 7:15 am    Post subject: SIEMENS TC35 T GSM Modem problem ! Need help urgently Reply with quote

I don't think I am fully understading. Which of our products are you using, and how isn't the Siemens TC35 GSM Modem working with it? We have had good success with this modem and our software in the past.

lai2026

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2004 8:26 pm    Post subject: I am using SIEMENS TC35 Terminal GSM Phone-modem ! Reply with quote

Hi there,

I am using SIEMENS TC35 Terminal GSM Phone-modem. My situation is that I want to use an normal 56k analogue modem to communicate with the SIEMENS GSM modem for data transfering. But everytime I try to connect it will pop up an error message :

"Error 691: The computer you are dialing in to cannot establish a Dial-up Networking connection. Check your password, and then try again."

I did check and confirm my username and password but it still happen.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Summary:-

I did test the following situation,

1) 56k analogue modem ----> communicate with ----> 56k analogue modem === Success

2) SIEMENS GSM modem ----> communicate with ----> 56k analogue modem === Success

3) 56k analogue modem -----> communicate with -----> SIEMENS GSM modem ====Failed

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For your information, I am using WinME with my 56k analogue modem and Win2000 advance Server with the SIEMENS GSM modem.

Any idea ?

Tech Support

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 8:33 am    Post subject: I am using SIEMENS TC35 Terminal GSM Phone-modem ! Reply with quote

Sorry, but we don't have any experience with a regular analog modem dialing into a wireless modem. Our software wouldn't ever use this configuration, so we have not done any work with that.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> PageGate Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: