NotePage, Inc. Forum Index

Messages Truncating

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> PageGate Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VerdugoFire

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2003 1:59 pm    Post subject: Messages Truncating Reply with quote

We are having problems sending long messages. When we use Airsource we are able to send very long messages, but when we use PageGate they are cut off. Even when using the exact same carrier settings with the exact same protocol. My PageGate message is cut off at 240 characters. I can send more that 424 with Airsource. I set the max characters in both to 999.

VerdugoFire

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2003 2:11 pm    Post subject: I see... Reply with quote

Each recipient also has a character limit, so I need to go through ever single on and set it to 2000.

Tech Support

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2003 4:12 pm    Post subject: Messages Truncating Reply with quote

There are two 'Max Chars' settings. One on the carrier's settings screen, and one on the recipient's settings screen.

The setting on the carrier screen is the maximum message length PaegGate will send to a carrier in a single message. Typically you will want to match to the maximum number of characters a carrier will accept in a single message. Different carriers accept different message lengths. Common message lengths that carriers accept are 160, 180, 200 and 240. If you set this value higher than what the carrier will accept, they may either reject the message, or truncate it.

The setting on the recipient screen is the maximum number of characters you want a user to be able to send in a message, to that recipient. If this setting is higher than the carrier setting, and a long message is sent, PageGate will automatically brake the long message into two or more shorter messages and send them one after the other.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> PageGate Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: