NotePage, Inc. Forum Index

Import/Export to & from Notepager Pro

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> NotePager Pro Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dlsc2111

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:41 am    Post subject: Import/Export to & from Notepager Pro Reply with quote

Haven't tried this yet but can I Export from my NotePager Pro to someone else Notepager Pro. I want to setup and group for email pages on my computer then setup up the same on another companys computer, just didn't want to do the same work twice. I didn't see an option for NotePager Pro, just one for Text and Notepager Net. Which would be the best option. I need to do Group, Members, and Recipients.

Tech Support

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:58 am    Post subject: Re: Import/Export to & from Notepager Pro Reply with quote

You should use the 'Export... To Text File' option in the source program. and then the 'Import... From Text File' option in the destination program.

Be sure you have a license for each :)

klatchem

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:06 pm    Post subject: Can't Import Reply with quote

I just purchased 32 licenses. I created a recipient list on one computer and then exported it to a text file. I then tried to import that text file on another computer's NotePager Pro and it says it skipped all of the recipients. They are both registered and both version 3.0.

Why is this happening?

Tech Support

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Be sure to do the Carriers and the Recipients and be sure to do them in that order. If the carriers don't exist, it will skip the recipients as there's no carrier to assign them to.

tlein

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 2:47 pm    Post subject: Skipping recipients on import Reply with quote

Hello,

I'm on version 5.0 and when I try to import the recipients, it says that it has skipped all of them. I was able to successfully import the file on another machine as a test so this has to be a local issue. Any suggestions?

Tech Support

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PageGate's import format is extremely specific, so if every part of each import line doesn't have every field with each field's proper value, the program will skip it.

As mentioned previously in the thread, the best thing to do would be to export any existing recipient records from PageGate, then open the text file and you'll see the specific order and format the data needs to be in.

If you continue to have trouble, you can also email the file you're trying to import to support at notepage dot com and we'll have a look at it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> NotePager Pro Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: