NotePage, Inc. Forum Index

GetWeb's Webgate.exe, .USR, .NDX?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> PageGate Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aaron Martone

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2003 10:01 pm    Post subject: GetWeb's Webgate.exe, .USR, .NDX? Reply with quote

I've got the path to the GetWeb set to

\\servername\d$\inetpub\wwwroot\intranet\cgi-bin\

And sure enough it placed webgate.exe in that directory. I read over the instructions and created a page with the necessary form elements, and submited the form to send the page.

I got a message saying that it was successful, but I never got the page. I took a look in the directory and noticed a .USR and I (think) a .NDX (I don't know if that's the exact extension-bad memory, sorry) What are these files?

I thought that what it was was some kind log what PageGate is setup to poll every X seconds (5) and read, that contains the information that the form passed to it. I opened each file, seeing one containing the username that I just passed to it, but nothing else. The other file contained just some numbers.

Can you explain the purpose and possible cause that I'm not getting the page here?

Also, the username that is passed. Is it supposed to be the value that you setup in the RECIPIENTS section? you know, like:

username:amartone
full name:Aaron Martone

In the above case, I would be sending the username value to match the RECIPIENT database so PageGate knows which pager to send the message too, right?

If this all works and group paging is just as easy, my boss told me to Nextel him Monday morning and put through a Purchase Order for the appropriate licenses. Tech support here has been nothing less than magnificant. I look forward to hearing from you.

Tech Support

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2003 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try searching for all files under the \\servername\d$\inetpub\ (including sub folders) for anything named *.msg. IIS can be configured so the cgi programs have access for their data files to a different folder than they reside in. I don't know which setting controls this, but have seen it a few times before.

Once you find what folder the .msg files are being put into, in PG Admin under the GetWeb settings, change the 'CGI Data Path' to that folder.

'

Aaron Martone

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2003 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I changed it so that

HTML File Path:
\\servername\d$\inetpub\wwwroot\intranet\

CGI Data Path:

\\servername\d$\inetpub\wwwroot\

(I found tmp1.msg - tmp9.msg sitting in that directory)

I noticed after a day's worth of operation that when I went to go look at the settings again, they were

HTML File Path:
\\servername\wwwroot\intranet\

CGI Data Path:
\\servername\wwwroot\

I didn't re-write it. Sure enough, typing that path into a window address bar takes you to the same location. But aside from that, I looked at the log in the GetWeb Interface and it says:

Warning:Unable to access file/directory Procedure:Check for messages. Retrying...

Is this an access rights problem or an invalid path? Notice that PageGate and The Server we're running the website on are NOT the same computers. What should I do?

Tech Support

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2003 8:44 am    Post subject: GetWeb's Webgate.exe, .USR, .NDX? Reply with quote

Are you currently running PageGate as an application or as a Windows Service. If you are running it as a service, be sure the account you are using has network rights to the share on the other machine. If you are using the local system account, it doesn't have any network rights and will produce the error you have described.

Aaron Martone

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2003 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is being run as an NT Service under the Local System account. I am an administrator of the network and after opening a window and typing in the same URL as I entered in the GetWeb settings, I can view, edit and delete the content on that server. I will discuss this with our Network Administrator to make sure, but aside from that, is there any other reason for this behavior?

Tech Support

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2003 9:19 am    Post subject: GetWeb's Webgate.exe, .USR, .NDX? Reply with quote

I believe PageGate running as you local system account is the problem. Local system accounts never have network access. You can access the folder because you are using your administrator login credentials. PageGate is running as a service with the local system account's credentials, which don't have any network rights.

Please verify this with you network admin. You will probably need to create a new account, give it local rights, give it network rights, and add it to the 'run as service' policy.

Aaron Martone

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2003 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're right.

I changed it to the master Adminstrator account and ran it NOT as a Local System account, and everything works fine! The page was sent out!

As always, stellar Tech Support. All I need to do is finish up Group Paging and Boom, we're gonna buy a license!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> PageGate Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: