NotePage, Inc. Forum Index

Sending a text message to a mobile phone

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> PageGate Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ash

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2003 6:21 pm    Post subject: Sending a text message to a mobile phone Reply with quote

Hi Guys,

I have being using PageGate to successfully send messages to a pager for a couple of months now, however would like to start sending to Mobile phones as well. I noticed on an earlier post it was recommended in order to do this the Carrier protocol be changed to GSM, Baud rate to 9600, Parity left blank Data bits to 8 and stop bits to 1. I changed the Protocol to GSM however whenever I go to change the Baud to 9600 (which is what is currently used for the pager) I get the following error messages,

PG ADMIN WARNING MESSAGE
Excessive database retries in Procedure: edit_carrier update : 3260

PG ADMIN FATAL MESSAGE
Excessive database errors: 3260 Could not update; currently locked by user 'admin' on machine 'Bob'. procedure: edit_carrier update program halted.

Is this the right approach (if not settings) to take in order to go down this path, also do you have any suggestions on how to resolve these issues I'm having.

Cheeers,
Ash[/img]

sharon
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2003 9:16 am    Post subject: Sending a text message to a mobile phone Reply with quote

The correct parity setting should be 'e' for even. I think leaving it blank is causing a problem.

However, I don't think you are taking the correct approach for what you want. The GSM protocol is used if you have a wireless modem or mobile phone connected the the PageGate computer, and want to use it to send out your messages. This is used mostly in Europe. I don't know of any carriers that support this in the US yet.

Please post which carrier(s) the phones use for their service, and I can post more details as to what options they support for accepting messages for their phones.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> PageGate Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: