NotePage, Inc. Forum Index

PageGate Web and groups

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> PageGate Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DonaldFrancis

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 5:52 pm    Post subject: PageGate Web and groups Reply with quote

I have setup PageGate Web and have a question.

I am using the "guilist" template. Is there an easy way to have all users available in the list? It appears that PageGate Web only works per user or group so that a custom page is created for that user or group ?

My goal would be for it to behave just as the Gui Client in that all users and groups are available from one single web page.

I think it can be doen by making an "all group" and adding everyone to it but I have many users so that would be a pain to have to add them all seperatly into one super group.

Is there an easier way to accomplish what I am trying to do?

Thank again

Tech Support

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 7:25 am    Post subject: PageGate Web and groups Reply with quote

The guilist template uses groups, and displays their members in the recipient list. This approach allows you to have several different webpages based on the guilist template, with different lists of recipients.

If you want to show all recipients in the list, they you should create a group and put everyone in it. An easy way to add all recipients to a group:

1. Run PG Admin.
2. Open the group object you want to add the recipients to.
3. Choose the 'Members' object under the group.
4. Hold the space bar down to quickly select all recipients for that group.
5. Apply the changes.

DonaldFrancis

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the info.

I was using the Guilist one just because it worked and looked similar to the gui client my users are accustomed to seeing. Are any of the other templates recipient based or are they all based off of group membership like guilist?

THanks again

Tech Support

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a summary of the templates, and their intended purposes:

ad-hoc.htm - generic webpage that allows users to enter a PIN number and message. Used by paging carriers to allow anyone to page any pager on their network.

anyuser.htm - generic webpage that allows the user to enter the recipient name and a message. Only usefull if the users will know the recipient names ahead of time.

basic.htm - personal webpage for a single recipient.

guilist.htm - somewhat fancy webpage with similar look to Windows GUI Client. Similar to the list.htm template in that the recipients it displays are members of the group it is the template for.

list.htm - generic webpage that allows users to select recipients from a list. The recipient shown in the list are members of the group that the template is used for.

multipage.htm - similar to anyuser.htm, but allows messages to be addressed to more than one recipient.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> PageGate Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: