NotePage, Inc. Forum Index

Genral Issues , dropped pages , delayed pages etc..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> PageGate Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DonaldFrancis

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 3:20 pm    Post subject: Genral Issues , dropped pages , delayed pages etc.. Reply with quote

I apologize for the generallity of this question.

At my agency we have a problem with people complaining about delayed pages, dropped pages. My question is, is this a failure of Pagegate itself or of the carrier?

I have of yet to be able to prove just how bad the problem may or may not be (I have just started to investigate). Report wise it seems that very few pages "fail".

Any words of wisdom?

THank you

Tech Support

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 4:51 pm    Post subject: Genral Issues , dropped pages , delayed pages etc.. Reply with quote

Your best bet is to check out PageGate's dialer logs. If the message says 'Successful', then you can be sure that the carrier at the other end send a response back that they got the message.

Most of the time issues like this are caused by the message not getting from the carrier to the pager.

If there are many failures in the PageGate log, then you should first make sure they aren't cause by bad PIN numbers (they would fail consistantly in this case). Intermittant failures can sometimes be solved by using an improved init string for the problematic carrier.

Please post more information as you discover it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> PageGate Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: