NotePage, Inc. Forum Index

Costs and sender's telephone number identification

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> General Questions and Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mel

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2003 5:32 pm    Post subject: Costs and sender's telephone number identification Reply with quote

I am new to this. I have a pc and internal modem, and i connect to an isp via my phone line. If i send a text message to a beeper that has a telephone number outside my local calling area, am I charged anything for sending that message via using your software , or does it bypass my telephone company and tranfer directly through the internet to the pager's carrier? Does the pager's carrier charge me back for them sending this message to the pager? Finally, does my telephone number, which is a private number, show up on anything??? and does my telephone number show up on the pager i am trying to reach so that the recipient knows it is me, or is it just my sender's name??

Tech Support

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 7:12 am    Post subject: Costs and sender's telephone number identification Reply with quote

There are two ways you can send text messages.

1. with a regular analog modem and phone line

2. with an Internet connection

Which you choose to use may depend on the carrier that the pager is on. Some only support modem dial-in, some only support Internet delivery, and some support both. You can find a list of protocols, and what carriers support them on our website:
http://www.notepage.net/support.htm

In either case, the only possible charge to you would be if you have to dial a long-distance (toll call) number to connect to the carrier's modem. This call would show up on your phone bill, just like any regular call to that area code.

Our products send a 'Sender' with each message to identify who sent the message. The 'Sender' is set by the user of our software. I'm not aware of any carriers that use caller id to identify the sender.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> General Questions and Announcements All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: