NotePage, Inc. Forum Index

PageGate SQL database

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> PageGate Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 10:37 am    Post subject: PageGate SQL database Reply with quote

Is there anyway to have the PageGate DB, and a SQL database to sync up?

I just posted a few days ago about sending anonymous pages, and the responce I got was that you need a licence of 5000+ to get this feature.

At my office we will not need a licence this large, so paying for the 5000+ licnece is a waste for us.

Now my question is whether this is anyway to pull data form a SQL database that we already have with all our contact information into pagegate so that we can have them constantly synced up.

Tech Support

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 1:53 pm    Post subject: PageGate SQL database Reply with quote

PageGate uses a database format that can be read by MS Access 2000. I believe that MS SQL servers can read/write to MS Access database tables.

Some customers have created linked tables within the PageGate database, so the data is actually stored in their SQL server, and PageGate doesn't know the difference.

Although things like this can, and have been done, our tech support may not be able to help much with these types of setups.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I've been able to link my SQL DB to the access database. However, the format of the two DB's is obviously diferent.

Any help you could provide me with getting the SQL table I linking to transform into the users table would be great.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When ever I try to add a user using access instead of pagegate admin I always get this error

Error # 94 Invalid use of

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry I hit enter by mistake, here is the complete message

When ever I try to add a user using access instead of pagegate admin I always get this error when I try to access the settings for the user I added

Error # 94 Invalid use of Null Procedure: edit_user load

Why is this?

Tech Support

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 9:53 am    Post subject: PageGate SQL database Reply with quote

When PageGate creates a new record in any of its tables, it will never leave any field with a NULL value. Many database environments (like MS Access, and MS SQL) will leave any unassigned text fields as NULL. These fields should always be initialized to a zero length string (i.ie ""), never left as NULL.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great, that fixed one of my problems

Now I have to still figure out how to transform the db into something PageGate can understand.

Tech Support

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 11:40 am    Post subject: PageGate SQL database Reply with quote

What do you need to make this easier?

Is there some sort of information I can send you?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I am able to link my table's from the SQL server into the pagegate db. Now I just need a way to transform the table I have into something that pagegate can understand

These are the tables I have to work with

Table Name: Owner
Feild 1: Owner ; The name of the person
Feild 2: WorkN ; The persons work number
Feild 3: PagerN ; The persons pager number
Feild 4: DispatchN ; The pagers dispatch number
Feild 5: DMail ; The persons email

And the second table
Table Name: Escalation
Feild 1: Escalation; The name of the person
Feild 2: WorkN ; The persons work number
Feild 3: PagerN ; The persons pager number
Feild 4: DispatchN ; The pagers dispatch number
Feild 5: DMail ; The persons emaile is

Now I need to create a users table which will get the name, and page number from these tables.

Tech Support

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2003 8:17 am    Post subject: PageGate SQL database Reply with quote

The first step will be to create a record for each carrier in PageGate's carriers table. You will need the following information about each carrier:

A unique carrier name

The protocol to use to communicate with the carrier (TAP, UCP, SNPP, WCTP, SMTP, GSM)

The phone number (TAP) or host name (SNPP, WCTP, SMTP) to the carrier's gateway

Communicaiton settings (i.e. baud, parity, data bits, etc., or port number for Internet protocols)

Most of the other fields can be filled in with default information.

Next you will need to create a recipient record for each pager/phone in the user table. You will need the following information about each recipeint:

A unique recipient name (short name) with no spaces or special characters ( _ and - are ok)

A full recipient name (long name)

The pager's/phone's ID, PIN, or email address

The carrier for the pager (see above)

Most of the other fields can use standard default info

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2003 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I *think* I have figured it out.

My problem was that I was trying to transform the table after I had linked it to access. I'm now trying to transform it from the SQL server, and I'm at least making some progress.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> PageGate Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: