NotePage, Inc. Forum Index

can pagegate do weekly or calendar based on-call groups?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> PageGate Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pagegate_nub

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 5:09 pm    Post subject: can pagegate do weekly or calendar based on-call groups? Reply with quote

Hello,

Our organization is in need of a paging solution, and for the most part pagegate appears to fit the bill.

However, the on-call group scheduling in the evaluation version appears to only allow on-call rotation on a daily basis. While our staff rotate on a weekly basis.

Can pagegate handle on-call scheduling on a weekly, or calendar based rotation?

Thank you,

pagegate_nub

Tech Support

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 4:28 pm    Post subject: can pagegate do weekly or calendar based on-call groups? Reply with quote

Currently PageGate's on-call group feature only allows scheduling for day-of-week. There are no immediate plans for changing this. However, if this is a real important feature for you, we are always open for paid modifications and customizations. If you are interested, you can email me at chris@notepage.com and we can work on the details and get pricing info for you.

sebrewer@cchs

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand that there are no plans for adding calendar-based oncall, but I was wondering if you had ever considered allowing the administrator to define a default recipient for an on-call group, so that the page could be routed somewhere even if all of the group members were out of their active windows ?

Tech Support

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 9:59 am    Post subject: can pagegate do weekly or calendar based on-call groups? Reply with quote

That is an interesting idea. Is it that you always want the default user paged, or (even better I think), the default user would get paged only if no other recipients in the on-call group will be paged.

Please clarify, and I will see if I can get this added to the request list for future enhancements.

sebrewer@cchs

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you see where I'm going. I am currently using an external Perl script to implement group logic and determine who to page when a request is made. Each recipient chooses a start and end hour (8:00-8:00, 6:00-3:00, etc ...).

When a page for a group is received, the script looks at each recipient's window to determine if he/she is active. If any recipient is in their active window, a page is sent to them. If none are in the active window(evenings and weekends, typically), a default on-call recipient gets the page.

Under this model, none of my external systems need to cope with weekend/after-hour scheduling, and I'm guaranteed that the page will try to get delivered to someone, rather than cancelled. The only admin required is to correctly set the on-call recipient as required.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> PageGate Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: