NotePage, Inc. Forum Index

The Carrier TAP phone number

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> General Questions and Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bobby

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 4:13 pm    Post subject: The Carrier TAP phone number Reply with quote

1) Is it ok to have the "-" in the carrier TAP number or will this cause a problem?

2) I am located in Montreal Canada and tried setting up the service using Telus as the carrier and then tried sending a message to my friend who is on the Rogers Network. Although the application said it sent the message and show this in the history my friend never recieved the message

3) I then tried setting up the carrier as Rogers because he is on the rogers network however the TAP number would be long distance number for me. Will I get charged when it sends this message? Do I need to put 1 before the number in order for it go through because it is a long distance number?

4) I also tried sending a message to my friend in Italy however he did not get the message either? WHat could the problem be. When I registered him as a recipient, I put his number as 0039xxx. Is this OK or do I need to put 01139xxx

5) If I have friends on different networks ie Rogers, Telus, Bell, Fido etc... do I need to register each one of those carriers? And when sending the message will the application know which carrier to send it to automatically or do I have to define this?

THanks for all your help?

Tech Support

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 5:39 pm    Post subject: The Carrier TAP phone number Reply with quote

1) dashes, spaces, etc. are ok in the carrier's phone number, just not in the ID/PIN number on the recipient setup screen.

2) To send to Rogers, you will have to setup another carrier for Rogers, and set the recipient up to use it instead.

3) Unfortunately that is the only number we know for Rogers AT&T. It will be a long distance call if it is out of your area. You will need to set up NotePager to dial it the same way you would from a regular phone.

4) I don't think any of the North American carriers will pass messages to Italy (or anywhere in Europe). Typically you have to send the message to the carrier that the pager/phone is on.

5) You will need to setup each carrier. You will have to setup each recipient to use a specific carrier.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> General Questions and Announcements All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: