NotePage, Inc. Forum Index

Verizon Wireless Not Working

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> General Questions and Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
medicralphy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:09 pm    Post subject: Verizon Wireless Not Working Reply with quote

I dont know why for some reason my paging system wont send any messages to Verizon Wireless Phones. Sprint, ATT, Nextel, and our Alpha Pagers Still work. I am not getting any error messages when sending which makes me believe it isnt a program error. It happend last week and started working again the next day but this time it has been 2 days and still isnt working. I didnt know if anyone has had this issue or knows how to fix it.

OzCom

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could be a number of things - what protocol are you using? (TAP, SMTP, GSM, etc)

TEL: 207-518-8455
AOsgood@streamline-solutions.net
Creators of AutoPage Spillman CAD interface for PageGate
View user's profile Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
medicralphy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For Verizon we use SMTP. It started working today again I still cant figure it out. I heard Sprint (SNPP) went down yesterday for no reason. I have not been able to make it in to see why but same as verizon everything says sent successful.

Tech Support

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

... the only way that those two connections (the one to Verizon's SMTP Server and the one to Sprint's SNPP serever) are in any way related is either your internet connection, antivirus/firewall, or random coincidence. SMTP and SNPP use two entirely different ports (25 and 444, respectively), so the likelihood of both going down (just for you) within a short timeframe is really slim. I'd bet that there is something going on with your internal firewall either for the entire network or for the server, specifically.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> General Questions and Announcements All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: