NotePage, Inc. Forum Index

Public Notice regarding AT&T/Cingular TAP Service

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> General Questions and Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tech Support

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:11 pm    Post subject: Public Notice regarding AT&T/Cingular TAP Service Reply with quote

As of 8/11/2008, Cingular and AT&T no longer support the TAP Protocol as a free service. In order to continue to use the TAP system with Cingular and AT&T, you will need to contact them directly and become a member of their Enterprise Paging Network.

They do still support SMTP messaging to their phones (10digitnumber@txt.att.net)

sscott1234

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THIS IS OUTRAGIOUS!....I just purchased a new iphone and changed service from Verizon to AT&T. The TAP worked for two weeks and then just stopped working with no prior notification. When i called AT&T the 'customer service' operator knew nothing about TAP service. After speaking to 3 surly 'problem resolution' operators they stated there was a line problem that was being corrected. Now i cannot find anyone who knows anything about this 'enterprise service'. Verizon, Sprint, & Nextel continue to provide this service included with the cell service.

i suggest sending an email to AT&T stating dissatisfaction with this new price increase for service previously included. "darlene.oakley@attwireless.com"

Tech Support

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it is more than a little irritating, that's for true. The 'line problem' that they were speaking of is the fact that they're disabling almost all of their former TAP lines and the TAP lines that do still exist are a part of their Enterprise Paging Network. I'm actually a little surprised you weren't given the following URL: www.enterprisepaging.com

That should at least give you some basic information (as well as contact information) for the EPN.

sscott1234

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW......

thanks to this forum and having the searchable words 'enterprise paging network' the customer service agent is stating i must 'upgrade' my service plan to receive the TAP messages. if you use the the url link you mention you have to 'log in' before it will give you any info or it bounces you back to the main at&t wireless home page.

i have over 50 doctors we use this service with.

The additional cost?.....$45 per month!

scott wood
call management systems, inc.
callmgtsys@aol.com

Tech Support

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think someone running something important at AT&T needs to be tested for schizophrenia. All of the deactivated AT&T TAP terminals that were taken offline on Monday are now back online today. I think they caved after the angry hosts descended upon them but I'm not sure, all I know is that they're back on.

OzCom

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe that the fact that the TAP terminals are back up for public access is only a temporary situation. It would not surprise me at all to see restricted access implemented soon. AT&T is making a huge push for the Enterprise Paging solution (which, incidentally, allows you to use SNPP and WCTP in addition to TAP - either one is far superior to TAP for messaging).

TEL: 207-518-8455
AOsgood@streamline-solutions.net
Creators of AutoPage Spillman CAD interface for PageGate
View user's profile Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
sscott1234

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what tap number are you using?
the two posted here do not work. the '866-883-7243' posted here sez 'unable to connect to carrier'. the '408-961-2819' replies back with TAP but in the monitor it sez 'received 512 error: invalid or non cingular wireless number'. the TAP is was using before THAT WORKED PERFECTLY 800-469-5351 still rings busy.

Last edited by sscott1234 on Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tech Support

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's the best terminal number I know of... but I don't know how much longer it will stay online.

sscott1234

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PING!.....SUCCESS!

rslm

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did anyone get any real reason to why this happened from ATT. I called it into ATT Tuesday morning and was transfered around and finally i got to a rep who said it might be a verisign problem. He said that Verisign takes care of their tap modems. Now it is working again and I called them back spoke to someone else he said that it was never taken off line and maybe it was down for maintenance????

Tech Support

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't been given any official reasons but I have hears some really interesting rumors and speculation. Unfortunately, though, that's all they are is rumors and speculation.

sscott1234

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AT&T IS NOT schizophrenic THEY ARE INCOMPETENT. I HAVE SPENT OVER 11 HOURS TALK TIME WITH THEIR 'CUSTOMER SERVICE' PEOPLE. NO ONE KNOWS ANYTHING ABOUT THIS ENTERPRISE PAGING SOLUTION! THEIR SURLY REPS WILL NOT LET YOU TALK TO ANYONE WHO KNOWS ANYTHING. "I HAVE TO SOLVE THIS ISSUE MYSELF THE REPS KEPT REPLYING. YESTERDAY I SAID FINE I WILL PAY THE $45 JUST TURN THE SERVICE ON. THE REPRESENTATIVE SAID IT IS ACTIVATED. POWER THE PHONE DOWN AND TURN IT BACK ON. SO I DID THAT AND STILL NO TAP SERVICE. NONE OF THE TAP NUMBERS THEY PROVIDED WORKED. APPARENTLY THE TAP NUMBER I HAD WAS PROVIDED BY SPRINT. AT&T CALLED SPRINT AND OPENED A TROUBLE TICKET WITH MY NAME AND NUMBER. SPRINT KEEPS CALLING ME AND ASKING HOW TO GET IN TOUCH WITH AT&T. WHEN I CALLED AT&T AND THREATENED TO CANCEL ALL 81 CELLS PHONES DUE TO THEM CHANGING THE CONTRACT THE SERVICE STARTED WORKING. GOOD LUCK FINDING OUT ANY INFO FROM THESE IDIOTS.

NOW THE ISSUE IS THE TAP NUMBER IS FREQUENTLY BUSY I GUESS FROM BEING OVERLOADED

scott wood
callmgtsys@aol.com

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> General Questions and Announcements All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: