NotePage, Inc. Forum Index

Can't get TAP to work with Verizon

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> PageGate Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NaviMatt

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2003 9:30 pm    Post subject: Can't get TAP to work with Verizon Reply with quote

I use TAP and Verizon's 800 number. The monitor says it dials up, and everything is honky dory (I know, because if I gave a bogus pagerID it gives and ugly message) but the person never gets the message. Tried the same thing with SNPP and the person gets the message every time.

The monitor for the modem dialer says everything is find, sending, etc.. The only complaint is it says it's trying to hang up three times.

Any ideas? Anybody got Verizon TAP paging to work?

Thanks,

Matt

Tech Support

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2003 10:39 am    Post subject: Can't get TAP to work with Verizon Reply with quote

First, make sure this is the number you are using for Verizon:
866-823-0501

The next step would probably be to contact Verizon. If PageGate's log says that the message is sent successfully, it means that the computer on Verizon's end sent a response back saying that they accepted the message. It is possible that the paging terminal at their end is not programmed correctly for your pager.

Now when you call they will probably send you a test page (that you will receive) and say everyting is OK on their end. They will have sent the message internally from their system. Unfortunately this doesn't prove anything. Don't accept that everyting is OK on their end until they actually call into their system using the above phone number, send a message (from the outside in), and you receive it.

Just one more note: be sure you are using the full 10 digits of the pager's phone number for the ID/PIN number.

angusct

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Verizon has a variety of phone numbers, depending on what format your pager PIN is.

We found that since snpp uses a 10 digit pin, we could no longer use our local access number since it takes a 7 digit pin. When we tried to use the 800 number, the pages appeared to go through, but the user never received the pages.

After calling Verizon numerous times, we were finally given a TAP access number in Texas that works. Even though we now have to pay long distance charges when we dial it, it's only dialed if we lose internet access or snpp is down, so the costs are minimal.

Send me an email if you want the access number we use.

Tech Support

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 4:30 pm    Post subject: Can't get TAP to work with Verizon Reply with quote

Thanks. It would be great if you could send us the number. Unfortunately I don't have your email address. Could you please email the number to forumsupport@notepage.com.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> PageGate Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: