NotePage, Inc. Forum Index

Verizon Wirelss SMTP problems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> NotePager Pro Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Xmedic

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 10:01 am    Post subject: Verizon Wirelss SMTP problems Reply with quote

I've had enough... Our office just updated everyones computers, and with a fresh slate, I decided to trial NotePager Pro rather than the ISS software we had been using. So far not bad, but I cannot get the SMTP settings correct for Verizon cell phones... Other SMTP conections work fine, ie. Cingular... But when I try to send to vtext.com I get a warm welcome from the vtext server. (Hello! ... Pleased to meet you!) But at the end of the connection monitor log it says:

Recieved:553 Could not parse sender address (this message was given by the target server)

Any ideas on how I can fix this? The owner of the company is on me pretty good to make this work quickly, so any help would be great!!!

Tech Support

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All you should need to do is go under the Tools Menu. Under Tools, go to Settings and under Settings, go to General.

In the General Settings, enter the beginning portion of your email address into the Sender's Name. For example, I would enter 'support' since my email address is support at notepage dot com

Once you do that, Verizon should be able to parse the sender's address.

Xmedic

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 10:11 am    Post subject: Wow Reply with quote

Huge thanks for the timely response - It works great. Now I just have to make the other carriers work as well and you'll have had a huge impact on us buying the software. Thank you.

keeney

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello I am having the same problem on this over on the General posting of here on Setting up NotepagerPro for Verizon mobile phones.
I have the same problem this guy is having paging to Verizon mobile phones from NotepagerPro.
This is the message I get at the bottom of my pages that will not go out.
Your access to this mail system has been rejected due to the sending MTA's poor reputation (MTA, c-76-100-24-187.hsd1.md.comcast.net, with IP address, 76.100.24.187). Already been to Comast and thye told me they are not blocking anything.

But when I send out a page to a ATT (old Cingular) phone it works well.

They way I am reading this do I go to Tools in Notepager or on the PC?

keeney

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the forum I posted on Verizon mobile phones & NotepagerPro.
http://www.notepage.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7568199

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> NotePager Pro Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: