NotePage, Inc. Forum Index

PageGate and NotePager

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> PageGate Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tester

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2003 10:00 am    Post subject: PageGate and NotePager Reply with quote

OK well we have started our pilot and everything seems to be going ok. So it looks like we will be going with PageGate, however I have one question.

If I puchase a licence for PageGate, am I able to use that licence for NotePage Pro?

The reason I ask is that we need a fall back incase of hardware or software failure on our server. If this happens we won't have any way to send out pages. My idea was to have one of our desktop PC's which has a modem to have notepage pro installed. This way if anything major should happen to our server we could just import the PageGate db into notepage pro and use that until the server can be repaiered.

I hope to never have to use this method, but we need to have a backup incase of such a failure happens.

Is this possible?

Tech Support

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2003 10:28 am    Post subject: PageGate and NotePager Reply with quote

The import routine in NotePager Pro that imports from the PageGate database was written with exactly what you have described in mind. You might want to copy the PageGate database local to the NotePager Pro system every once in a while so you won't even need network access to import, if your server(s) go down.

To answer you question: you will still need to purchase a NotePager Pro license for each workstation you use it on, even if you own PageGate.

VerdugoFire

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 1:28 pm    Post subject: Importing PageGate Reply with quote

Can you give the step-by-step on importing a PageGate database into NotePager Pro?

Tech Support

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 4:31 pm    Post subject: Importing PageGate Reply with quote

1. Run NotePager Pro on a computer that has access the the PageGate database.
2. Go to 'File' -> 'Import' -> 'From PageGate'
3. Type in, or browse to the PageGate database folder
4. Set you overwrite options
5. Apply

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> PageGate Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: