NotePage, Inc. Forum Index

Problems with SMTP and GetMail.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> PageGate Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cstanley

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 3:13 pm    Post subject: Problems with SMTP and GetMail. Reply with quote

After installing PageGate 5.0.6 on a new server running Windows 2003 SP2 I am unable to send SMTP messages. I ran a port scan through the Tools menu and it shows Port 25 as available, but not checked. However, when I ran netstat from a command prompt on my server, it shows pgmailserver.exe listening on Port 25. It also doesn't work if I set my SMTP to Relay all Mail through my company's Exchange server.

I also ran into a problem where the Windows DEP was blocking pgmailserver.exe. I managed to exclude it from the DEP service, but it has not resolved the issue.

Also, my logs for SMTP Outgoing show repeated attempts to connect to the Exchange server for a list of recipients. Is this because I have their messages automatically forwarded to their email accounts?

Tech Support

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remember to also set pggmail as one of the applications DEP can't mess with. The two major functions of GetMail are the pgmailserver and pggmail executables.

Now, as for the repeated delivery attempts to your Exchange server, how are you forwarding the messages to their email accounts? Are you referring to the actual "Forward Copy To" function in the Email configuration of each recipient?

cstanley

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought about the pggmail also.

Yes, I am using the 'Forward Copy to' function. I am not using a POP server though and I only use the GetMail to send SMTP, not receive.

Tech Support

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you would, email your log files to support at notepage dot com so I can have a look at what's being recorded when those SMTP delivery sessions start.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> PageGate Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: