NotePage, Inc. Forum Index

PageGate GetWeb / Direct Access db manipulation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> Integration Related Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kentyrr

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 4:01 am    Post subject: PageGate GetWeb / Direct Access db manipulation Reply with quote

Greetings,

We have set up some ASP.NET web pages that allow administrators throughout our Enterprise to add/edit/delete/report on users and groups, and manage group memberships.

Everything works fine - my only problem comes up when an administrator adds a user through the web page, which updates the JET database directly (not using the PageGate Administrator GUI).

If the administrator turns around and uses GetWeb to test that new user, the webgate.exe responds back with 'ERROR!!! No valid users specified.'

I believe this is because the webgate.usr list is not being updated. Is there a way to force PageGate to rewrite that file on demand? If not, how long will it take for PageGate to do so on its own? Or... does someone have to actually open the Administrator GUI and add/remove a user there before the file is rewritten?

Interestingly enough, the test page DOES get sent, but the administrator has to remember to ignore the error message. If they forget and try it again, multiple test pages get sent out.

By the way - I just wanted to say that this product has been tremendously well designed, in my opinion.

My only complaint so far is that I'd prefer to have control over the email 'from' address when sending via SMTP, rather than letting the FRM field from the webform populate it. It's a small thing.

The Kroger Co.
Tech Support

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 8:21 am    Post subject: PageGate GetWeb / Direct Access db manipulation Reply with quote

You are correct in your assumption that the problem arises from the webgate.usr not being updated. It is only updated when a change is made in the PG Admin program, that would affect it in some way. It will not automatically regenerate until a change is made in PG Admin that triggers a rebuild of it.

To get around the problem you can pass another variable to the webgate CGI named 'VALIDATE_USER', and pass a value of 'FALSE'. The variable is TRUE by default. Setting it to FALSE will make the webgate CGI ignore the webgate.usr file.

I hope this helps.

kwc

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have set this variable to false and it still requires updating the webgate.usr file.

<INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="VALIDATE_USER" VALUE = "FALSE">

We are just using a slightly modified version of the default.asp file that comes with Pagegate.

On a related note, PGAdmin is not updating the webgate.usr file when adding or deleting a user.

Tech Support

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you would, please email your template file to support@notepage.com so we can have a look at it.

kwc

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We ended up modifying the asp so it inserts directly into the database, bypassing the webgate.exe altogether.

The other plus to this is that we added functionality for scheduling pages from the web page. :)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> Integration Related Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: