NotePage, Inc. Forum Index

I want to see pg mon from a client

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> PageGate Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bengmau

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:41 pm    Post subject: I want to see pg mon from a client Reply with quote

I don't want my operators to login to the pagegate server but i do want to see the pg mon windows.

Is there a way to get pg monitor on a workstation and point at the pagegate server?

bengmau

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i can see in pgadmin on the server you can connect pgmon to mulitple pagegate servers...

however that's only on the server.

Tech Support

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure. All you have to do is install the PageGate Monitor on the workstation you want to be able to monitor PageGate.

Once you've installed the Additional Monitor on that workstation, find out what that workstation's IP address is on your network. If I might make a recommendation, if the IP address for that computer is currently assigned by DHCP, you may want to consider putting it on a static IP address - that way you don't have to reset this setting every time the workstation pulls a new IP.

Now that you have the IP address of the workstation, go to the PageGate Server.

Open the PageGate Admin and go to the Logging - Settings section.

In the Logging - Settings, enter the IP address of your workstation in the PG Monitor Host1 field and click on Apply. The PageGate Server will now broadcast all of the log information over the network to the PageGate monitor on that workstation.

bengmau

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

darn you can't post a hostname?

Tech Support

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can put a hostname, it just requires an extra packet of data from Windows.

For example, let's say we have a workstation called MonitorFour and that workstation's IP address is 192.168.1.192

You can enter MonitorFour or you can enter 192.168.1.192 into the PageGate Admin under the Logging - Settings section.

If you enter MonitorFour, Windows has to resolve an IP to the 'name', which takes an extra packet of data for each packet of data transmitted from the server.

We're not really talking about any serious amount of 'extra' network traffic (unless you have all 4 additional monitor slots taken up with host names), so it's not required to use the IP address, simply more efficient.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> PageGate Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: