NotePage, Inc. Forum Index

SNPP connection problems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> PageGate Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rockien

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 7:11 pm    Post subject: SNPP connection problems Reply with quote

I loaded the new version 4 of PageGate and am trying to get the SNPP messaging to work.
I have opened up port 444 in my firewall but I can't get to the server. I tried to telnet into it by entering telnet (IP) 444 but I get no reply. What kind of data is this IP, UDP, ICMP? Is there some configuration that needs to be done on the PageGate server?

Tech Support

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 6:50 am    Post subject: SNPP connection problems Reply with quote

SNPP uses TCP on port 444. Your test method is correct. From the PageGate computer try a few of these:

telnet snpp.skytel.com 444
telnet snpp.nextel.com 444
telnet snpp.metrocall.com 444

If none of these work, then you must still have a firewall problem.

rockien

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I will test this out. Does it use tcp or udp packets, just so I know what to setup the firewall with.

rockien

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More HELP needed! I have opened up all of the ports on the firewall to this server and I still cannot get a response for SNPP. I can if I use port 25, 110,80. The ip is 64.251.173.198 or 3947550@paging.gwteletech.com
http://www.goldenwesttechnologies.com/webpaging.php

I don't find any information in the documentation that tells me how anything is suppossed to be setup for SNPP.

Tech Support

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 3:01 pm    Post subject: SNPP connection problems Reply with quote

I think I may have not asked the correct questions the first time. Are you trying to get PageGate to send out SNPP messages to a paging carrier, or are you trying to setup PageGate to be an SNPP server to accept messages it. If it is the the second configuration, then you will need to get our new SNPP server add-on module, which isn't part of the current evaluation download.

Please email forumsupport@notepage.com with your phone number and we can give you a call.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> PageGate Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: