NotePage, Inc. Forum Index

Pagegate - incoming email, sends to multiple pagers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> PageGate Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rockien

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 6:14 pm    Post subject: Pagegate - incoming email, sends to multiple pagers Reply with quote

I have 3 customers that say they have this problem as I will describe. First a little back ground. I am running Pagegate 3.6 and running email in the adhoc mode.
All 3 customers are using MS Exchange and have groups setup to send an email to differing pagers. They are saying that when they send an email to 1 pager, that sometimes it is being sent to 3 or 4 of their other pagers, but not all of the time. Their network admins are looking at their logs and say that their Exchange server is only sending to the 1 pager. When I look at the Getmail monitor I show all of the pagers (3-4) that I am receiving emails to page and all of them are getting scheduled and sent to the paging terminal. Is their anyway that their outlook client or Exchange server is caching or blind carbon copying to the other pagers to send the page to all of them. They are telling me that we have a problem and we need to fix it.
I don't know how to prove that it is not our problem other than to say you are sending me this information, and so I am sending the page out. From what I can tell, pagegate is just passing on what it is receiving.
All of the other customers are working exactly the way they are supposed to, and I can test ours for ever and not have this problem.
Is there any additional monitoring of the emails coming in that I can look at, or something I am missing. HELP

Tech Support

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 7:32 pm    Post subject: Pagegate - incoming email, sends to multiple pagers Reply with quote

We have seen an intermittant problem like this before with v3.6. Please upgrade your PageGate to version 3.7, it should resove the problem.

You can download PageGate version 3.7 from here:

http://www.notepage.net/download/pgv3.7.exe

Just stop PageGate and install it over your existing copy. All your data, registration, etc. will be retained.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply. I will give that a try and see if that fixes it.

rockien

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, It turns out the paging Dept. had bought the new ver.4 but had not notified me to load it. I loaded it, test and monitor for any problems. Once again Thank you for the help.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> PageGate Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: