NotePage, Inc. Forum Index

GUIList web page template

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> PageGate Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 6:09 pm    Post subject: GUIList web page template Reply with quote

In the GUI list web page template I dont know what I need to use in the following line for ~~~user~~~.
I tried to setup a group with all users in it, and use the group name there and that sends it to everyone in the group no matter whos name I select.
What am I doing wrong?

<INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="USER" VALUE = "~~~user~~~">

Tech Support

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 6:22 am    Post subject: GUIList web page template Reply with quote

The only one you need to edit in the PageGate template files is the <FORM ... ACTION>, which gives the external path to PageGate's CGI (webgate.exe). The other variables that are sourounded by '~~~' shouldn't be changed. They are updated by PageGate automatically.

Start with the original templates again (in case you made changes and haven't undone them all). Original versions can be found in the PageGate program folder.

Make sure that under the 'GetMail' interface you have the correct paths setup (typically 'c:\inetpub\wwwroot' and 'c:\inetpub\scripts')

In your group go to the 'Webpage' object and select the 'GuiList.htm' template. Make sure you check the 'Group List' and 'GL Full Names' boxes.

PageGate will automatically generate the proper webpage from the template.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 9:27 am    Post subject: GUIList web page template Reply with quote

So can I customize the look (colors,...) of that template and it still work?

Tech Support

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 9:31 am    Post subject: GUIList web page template Reply with quote

Yes. The templates are there for you to customize (i.e. change colors, add logos, etc.). Just make sure the template you customize is the one in the 'templates' folder under the directory you setup in the GetWeb interfaces as the 'Web pages path'. Customizing the resulting webpage (default.htm or index.htm) will not help because it will be overwritten the next time you make a cange to that recipient or group.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 9:38 am    Post subject: GUIList web page template Reply with quote

Thanks alot for your excellent response time first of all.
When I click WebPage under the group I am getting "No template files were found Check your settings". All the templates seem to be there?

Tech Support

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 10:48 am    Post subject: GUIList web page template Reply with quote

PG Admin is looking for the templates and not finding them. Check under 'Interfaces' -> 'GetWeb' -> 'Settings' for the 'Web pages path'. PG Admin will be looking for the templates in a folder named 'templates' found underneath this location.

You may also want to check your rights to be sure you can read and write to that location.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 2:17 pm    Post subject: GUIList web page template Reply with quote

It works great thanks..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> PageGate Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: