NotePage, Inc. Forum Index

MS Access DB Integration

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> PageGate Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aaron Martone

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2003 4:20 pm    Post subject: MS Access DB Integration Reply with quote

Is it possible to convert PageGate's DB to an MS Access DB, not only for my use with the Website, but so that PageGate now uses that DB instead of it's text-based database that it maintains.

My reasoning here is that we have a Phone Coordinator. Well, I developed a web application that allows him to assign people to pager groups; problem is that it isn't hitting the PageGate server's database. So even if I'm added to a group via this system, I would have to go to PageGate Server Admin and add me to the group accordingly.

I'm looking for any possible pre-made solutions that will allow me to integrate my Web Application with the PageGate database.

Tech Support

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2003 4:56 pm    Post subject: MS Access DB Integration Reply with quote

PageGate's database is in a Microsoft Access 2000 compatible format. PageGate's database is named 'pagegate.mdb' and can easily be opened with MS Access 2000 (and newer as far as I know).

Aaron Martone

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2003 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. I looked right over that. lol. Do you have any documentation on the Database Structure of the MDB file? If I can learn how the Users (Recipients) and Groups are stored, I can tie them into the web app.

Tech Support

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2003 7:58 am    Post subject: MS Access DB Integration Reply with quote

Take a look under the 'Integration Related Questions' forum for a post called 'PageGate Integration Documentation'. I think it will have what you need. There may be some other relevant posts in that forum also.

That should at least get you going in the right direction. If you still have questions, please post again.

sebrewer@cchs

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2003 12:51 pm    Post subject: MS SQL ? Reply with quote

Along the same line - it is possible to relocate the PageGate DB to a MS SQL Server ? We do a LOT of paging, and are looking closely at disk requirements and Backup/Disaster Recovery considerations. We'd like to leverage an existing "industrial-strength" DB server if possible.

Thanks !

Steve

Tech Support

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 6:39 am    Post subject: MS SQL ? Reply with quote

Many customers have linked the PageGate database to a SQL database using MS Access. This configuration isn't officially supported so I won't be much help, but it can be done. Basically in MS Access you can create links from a MS Access table to a SQL table. The data is kept on the SQL server, but the programs that us the .mdb database files (i.e. PageGate) don't know the difference.

Here is a link to another forum post that talks about this.

http://www.notepage.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=103

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> PageGate Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: