NotePage, Inc. Forum Index

Note pager locking up... sorda

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> General Questions and Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lmeek

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 1:56 pm    Post subject: Note pager locking up... sorda Reply with quote

We have implemented Note Pager Pro in a Citrix environment. The only issue we are having is that it seems when the system is getting hit hard (I.E. people staying logged in all day and sending out massive amounts of pages) it stops sending them out and starts building them up the queue.

When I finally log in (administrator) to check it out they all start to empty out.
I don’t think its a permissions issue, it will work fine for a time but after a while it will just stop sending. I created a test user to simulate other users in the field and it seems to be working ok so far. Any ideas?

Tech Support

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This may be an odd question but how many pages does your NotePager Pro system handle on any given day?

lmeek

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe 500-1000 a day.

Tech Support

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does every user on the Citrix environment have its own instance of NotePager Pro or do they all reference the same database and executable?

lmeek

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They all use the same executable/database. They need to have access to the same database so when changes are made, that is reflected when others log in.

Also, this morning there were about 17 pages stuck in the pending file.

I logged in the test user just to see what would happen and the pages did not budge.

I then used my login (domain admin) and they emptied out. Something with database permission?

Tech Support

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The trouble is, NotePager Pro is not a network program. It's intended as a single user program. You can't have multiple people all accessing the same executables and the same database.

Granted, I'm not intimitely familiar with Citrix but as I understand it, each terminal user of the Citrix system needs to have their own copies of NotePager Pro installed. They can't just reference one master copy because, as I mentioned earlier, NotePager Pro isn't a network program.

lmeek

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That’s disappointing to hear. I was told some time ago that it would function fine on Citrix. Are you positive that there is no way to get it to work in Citrix?

See this thread below where i was originally getting it set up...

http://www.notepage.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1550

Tech Support

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The program should work fine, it's just a matter of getting the system configured properly. The trouble you're running into is multiple accounts simultaneously accessing the same database, which NotePager Pro isn't designed to do. The solution is that each user will either need their own instance of the database or you have to make sure that multiple logins aren't simultaneously accessing the database.

OzCom

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or - this may be a good time to think about upgrading to PageGate - the package designed specifically for network installation - multiple users accessing a common database

TEL: 207-518-8455
AOsgood@streamline-solutions.net
Creators of AutoPage Spillman CAD interface for PageGate
View user's profile Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> General Questions and Announcements All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: