NotePage, Inc. Forum Index

Send specific information to specific text message/email.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> Integration Related Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tmac

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2003 2:56 pm    Post subject: Send specific information to specific text message/email. Reply with quote

I have a program for entering events. I would like my members to be able to sign up for text messaging to let them know when they are entered in the event. Currently I do this all by hand but it is getting to big. All the information is in an MySql database and can be retrieved with queries. I want to be able to look at each username in the database they signed up for being alerted, and match it to the username in the MySql database to see if they are entered in that event, if yes send; <firstname> <lastname> entered at <rodeo> on <day><date><time> position <pos>.

Is there a way I can do this a... and if so is there someone I can have do the programming for me?

Tech Support

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2003 5:21 pm    Post subject: Send specific information to specific text message/email. Reply with quote

PageGate could be used to deliver these messages. Getting the messages into PageGate could be as simple as writing a text file with the recipient's name and the message data. However, it sounds like you will need some programming done to automate this process. Unfortunately we don't do any programming outside of enhancements to our products. Your best bet would be to track down someone with programming experience and MySql experience.

Daysheet

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2003 3:30 pm    Post subject: Solution Found Reply with quote

Hello!
It appears from your post you are looking for a solution for rodeo event wireless messaging. Daysheet www.daysheet.com provides wireless rodeo event messaging solutions and is the Official Wireless connection to both the PBR and the IPRA. Feel free to contact them toll free 888-282-3965 or via email sales@daysheet.com. We would be excited to work with your group and develop an integrated messaging soltuion for you or your association.

NotePage Sales

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2003 5:57 pm    Post subject: Event Reminders Reply with quote

Hi,
As our support staff mentioned PageGate can do much of what you want, but if you require programming assistance on your end to make the software pull from an existing database you may find one of our resellers helpful. A handful of the larger NotePage resellers can be found online at http://www.notepage.net/resellerprofiles.htm

If you have someone currently inhouse that will be doing the customization please feel free to email or post any technical questions. Our development staff will help you in anyway that they can.
Thank you
NotePage Sales
http://www.notepage.net

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> Integration Related Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: