NotePage, Inc. Forum Index

Notepager Pro in Citrix

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> NotePager Pro Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lmeek

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 7:07 pm    Post subject: Notepager Pro in Citrix Reply with quote

Is this possible? I published it on one of my Citrix server just to give it a shot and it throws an error at me. Want to run this by the pros before i go banging my head on a brick wall that will never fall :)

I needed ill post a screenshot of the error. thanks!

Tech Support

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It can be done but the Citrix part of things requires a bit of setup.

Basically, when you first install the program, you have to be logged in as an Admin, then put the current windows session into an 'install mode'. Once you're in install mode, then you should be able to install the program and switch back to Execute mode. once you've done that, the errors should go away.

lmeek

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I followed that procedure exactly. here is the error i am getting when i try to launch it.

"Fatal database error: 3051 The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot open the M:\program files\notepager\npp.mdb. It is already opend exclusively by another uer, or you need permission to view its data. in Procedure:main Program Halted."

I have not rebooted since the install, its a little hard to do that with this server so i wanted to exhaust all other options first.

I know there are no other instances of this program running on the server but this messages still comes up. any ideas?

Tech Support

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From previous Citrix setups that I've seen and done, the system needs to be rebooted after the program is installed. I'm not sure why but the act of going from install mode to execute mode generally requires the system to be rebooted in order for the Citrix server to fully unlock and recognize the new software.

lmeek

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I managed to get the server rebooted. Still getting that error. any other ideas what could be causing that?

By the way, this is the evaluation version of the program. We will probably no commit to buying it unless we can get it to work in Citrix.
Thanks in advance.

lmeek

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never mind :) i got it working. Was a permissions issue.

the Citrix users group did not have modify privilege to that file.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> NotePager Pro Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: