NotePage, Inc. Forum Index

Pagegate History

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> PageGate Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bmelzow

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 5:44 pm    Post subject: Pagegate History Reply with quote

We recently purchased pagegate software and it seems to be working great. The only problem is the history. All clients can see the sent messages from other clients. Is there a way to turn this feature off or just not allow clients to view the History file? If I cannot turn this feature off can you tell me where the history log file is stored?

Thanks in advance.
Billy Melzow

Tech Support

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 7:40 pm    Post subject: Pagegate History Reply with quote

On the setup screen of each client there is a field called 'Station'. It accept a number from 10-30000. Clients with the same station number will share the same history log (this is desireable in some cases). In your case you will probably want to use a unique station number for each client.

bmelzow

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a way that I can set the client number automaticly? Is the Client station number value stored in the registry where I can modify it via scripting?

Tech Support

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 10:04 am    Post subject: Pagegate History Reply with quote

The station number setting is stored in the registry. If you have a tool that allows you to update registry settings, then the change should be fairly simple. The setting is here:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\NotePage\NotePagerNet\Station

On the PageGate Client's setup screen, if you have chosen the 'Use settings for current user only' option, then you will have to update the setting here:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\NotePage\NotePagerNet\Station

bmelzow

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your assistance. It works great. This will make installing Pagegate clients easier on me.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> PageGate Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: