NotePage, Inc. Forum Index

Not Valid recipient

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> PageGate Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tester

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 3:38 pm    Post subject: Not Valid recipient Reply with quote

Why is it that GetASCII stops as soon as it hits an invalid user?

for example if my test.asc file was
invaliduser user1 user2
me
you

It will error on invaliduser and stop. It will not try to see if user1 or user2 are valid.

Now if it was
user1 invaliduser user2
me you

It will do user1, and then error on invalid user.

Is there a way to get it to not stop, and just try the next users?

Tech Support

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 4:39 pm    Post subject: Not Valid recipient Reply with quote

I have tested your problem with the latest version of PageGate, and it works as you would expect (continuing on to process the rest of the recipients).

What version of PageGate are your running?

Can you also check the version of the GetAscii module by going to your PageGate progam folder, right-clicking on the PGGAscii.exe file, choosing Properties, and then version?

If you are running PageGate version 4, but the GetAscii version number is older than 4.0.8, then download the evaluation version of PageGate from our website and install it over your existing version (with everything stopped). The upgrade will retain your settings and database.

Tester

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2003 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is an evaluation version I download about 2 weeks ago. When I checked the version of GetASCII it says 4.0.0.8.

Do I need to update?

Tech Support

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2003 9:23 am    Post subject: Not Valid recipient Reply with quote

No, you are current.

Can you email us a copy of your PageGate database (pagegate.mdb), and a copy of the file you are trying to process. I want to try to duplicate your problem using your settings and data.

support@notepage.com

Tech Support

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2003 6:53 am    Post subject: Not Valid recipient Reply with quote

We have now been able to reproduce the problem. It was happening under the following conditions:

1. ASCII text files were being used with PageGate's GetAscii module
2. Standard text file format was being used (.asc files). No 'Advanced Polling' options were being used.
3. Multiple recipients were being given on the first line in the message file.
4. The first recipient in the list was invalid.

Under these conditions the remaining recipients in the first line of the text file were ignored.

A fix has been made and is currently being tested.

Tester

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I seem to have found an error in the updated GetASCII

When I send a page to two people who are both in the database, it seems the first person is ignored.

eg.

user1 user2
from
msg

only user2 recived the message, and when I look in the logs, user1 is not even mentioned at all (not even to say rejected)

if I reverse it.

user2 user1
from
msg

only user1 receives the message, and now no mention of user 2

Tester

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NOTE:

I replaced the PGASCII with the original one from the demo, and it works fine with that one.

Tester

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NOTE:

If I add a user I know is fake before the first person then it works fine with the new version got PGASCII

eg.

invaliduser user1 user2
from
msg

now both users get the message, but no mention of invaliduser in the logs at all

Tech Support

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 1:30 pm    Post subject: Not Valid recipient Reply with quote

I will take a look.

Something you should know is that if duplicate recipients are sent the same message, then PageGate should drop the extras. This is mostly so that if the same recipient is in several groups, and messages are sent to those groups, the recipient only receives one copy of the message.

However, is sounds like things still aren't 100% correct. We will have another go at it.

Tech Support

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2003 11:24 am    Post subject: Not Valid recipient Reply with quote

Another minor fix was needed. It is now being tested again. Results will be posted here soon.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> PageGate Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: